Angels (chill out music)

Pcode

I enjoyed this one.
Very difficult song to mix as there are so many frequencies  over lapping which makes it hard to keep from getting muddy.
I think you have done a grand job...  but to my ears it does sound a little muddy  in the 200-400hz range.
Your composing skills are good.

I personally could not compose this sort of thing as I wouldn't know when to stop adding different things.
I think the secret in this style is to keep surprising people with various different types of ear candy as it can get repetitive 🙂

Edited by garybrun

On 2/27/2019 at 12:31 PM, Wookiee said:

Just a tad repetitive in places but then some peeps like that sort of thing, thanks for sharing.

Wookiee: Thanks for listening, in my other composition I switch things a lot  (ADD),  but for this soundscape I wanted, it, to be somewhat consistent in keeping the theme.

BTW how do you like your i7 8700K? as far as running soft-synths, i have an i7 7700K do you think it's worth an upgrade? 

On 2/27/2019 at 5:25 AM, garybrun said:

I enjoyed this one.
Very difficult song to mix as there are so many frequencies  over lapping which makes it hard to keep from getting muddy.
I think you have done a grand job...  but to my ears it does sound a little muddy  in the 200-400hz range.
Your composing skills are good.

I personally could not compose this sort of thing as I wouldn't know when to stop adding different things.
I think the secret in this style is to keep surprising people with various different types of ear candy as it can get repetitive 🙂

Gary: Thanks for an attentive ear, and for detailed feedback, I appreciate it.   

On 3/1/2019 at 3:23 PM, soundregion said:

A little too uneventful for my taste, but I like the sound and the beat of this track. Good vibe.

Thanks for listening and thanks for the feedback. 

22 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

Soundtracky goodness. Your choices with that toy piano/glockenspiel thing were nice. The mellotron had a slightly off-key quality somehow, that kept giving me anxiety.

Nice work, very creative!

cheers

-Tom

Not sure why it sounds off key, it's all done with same scale G Major, at 440 Hz tuning...

Thanks for Feedback...

On 3/3/2019 at 3:01 PM, InstrEd said:

I feel like the Angels are marching to come and get me.

😁

On 3/3/2019 at 10:33 PM, Amicus717 said:

I liked it. An interesting combination of sounds and textures, and the mix had a spacious vibe, to my ears. This is the sort of music I'd use to accompany a prolonged montage in a film. 

Thanks for listening Amicus717, and thanks for the feedback.

5 hours ago, David Sprouse said:

Can't talk to an angel unless you no the code.

I live with an angel ;)  I made this music for her.