Eventide Labor Day Sale

cclarry

Hi, Larry - hope you are well.  You are AMAZING at digging up and posting all the deals you do - just incredible.

I got an email from Eventide today, and it shows up to 70% off, for their vintage plugins, here is the link for that:

Eventide Sale - up to 70% off on Vintage plugins

I am on my way to look through those - ALWAYS wanted one or more of their plugins - this sale may have snagged me into going for it.  :) 

Bob Bone

5 minutes ago, Robert Bone said:

Hi, Larry - hope you are well.  You are AMAZING at digging up and posting all the deals you do - just incredible.

I got an email from Eventide today, and it shows up to 70% off, for their vintage plugins, here is the link for that:

I am on my way to look through those - ALWAYS wanted one or more of their plugins - this sale may have snagged me into going for it.  :) 

Bob Bone

Right...I went to several sites...and the one said 60% off so that's what I went with
just to be on the "low" side and safe...LOL  Actually H3000-Band Delays is 75% off...

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 2

On 9/3/2020 at 5:39 PM, Robert Bone said:

Bob Bone

I picked up the Eventide Blackhole reverb for cheap a while back, and I love that one!

And just grabbed the Eventide Shimmerverb on sale this week  (everywhere for $39 or less) but  at Plugin Boutique it came with PIB's free giveaway bundle with any purchase this month that includes the UJAM Carbon guitar. Going to try it out this weekend!

But I'm not that familiar with the Eventide vintage gear, so would be interested to know about any "must haves".  ☺️

Edited by abacab

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

SP2016 (great vocal verb)

Thanks! That one caught my eye, and I watched a few demo videos, including with some sweet piano! It's on the wish list now!

But I also noticed a huge sale on the EASTWEST Spaces II Convolution Reverb. At $133.99 (marked down from $299). That looks like the lowest price ever for that! http://everyplugin.com/spaces-1858.html

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jesse g said:

Buy 2+ plug-ins and get 60% off your order! 

No code necessary. Promo cannot be used on sale items, bundles or Undulator.

Kind of difficult to use a promo that excludes sale items when all the good stuff is already on sale! 😉

• Like 1

No weasel-speak in their install instructions

https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/downloads/installing-and-authorizing-plug-ins

Step 3 is pretty clear

3. iLok.com User ID & License Manager

If you don’t have an ilok.com account, you can create one for free by visiting iLok.com

Download and install the free iLok License Manager to activate and manage your plug-in licenses. 

ALL Eventide plug-ins use iLok

Dongle is optional

10 minutes ago, bitflipper said:

Is Eventide still married to Pace? 

I'm interested in the new Crystals plugin, but I don't do iLok, even in software form. The page says is "Requires iLok: NO", but that's often weasel-speak for "doesn't need a hardware dongle but still installs the Pace driver".

Yes, you have to have an iLOK account and at least use the software iLOK manager.

I just installed Eventide Shimmerverb and had to go through that bit of activation hurdle again.

And I also discovered that my 2nd activation for Eventide Black Hole that I was using on my (now dead) laptop is locked up. iLOK won't let me deactivate a license from a machine that I can no longer access.

Bummer... iLOK says that I must contact the software publisher to request a license deactivation if I cannot access the iLOK software on the machine with that activation.

Waiting... 🤪

Edited by abacab

6 hours ago, abacab said:

But I'm not that familiar with the Eventide vintage gear, so would be interested to know about any "must haves".

I like the H910. Occasionally use the H3000, Quadravox and Octavox (along with the H910 all are algos from the HW version of the H3000. I let the smoke out of my H3000 a few years ago so its nice to have the software versions). Instant Flanger and Instant Phaser get some use too.

@Craig Andertondid a review a while back https://www.harmonycentral.com/forums/topic/1907695-eventide-anthology-x-effects-plug-in-suite/

• Like 2

abacab, you've just described exactly my own experience, and this is why I've avoided iLok ever since. 

Once upon a time, Eventide was the only company doing what they do. Fortunately, that's no longer the case. I can't think of any H3000 trick you can't do with alternatives that use friendlier copy protection schemes.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, abacab said:

Bummer... iLOK says that I must contact the software publisher to request a license deactivation if I cannot access the iLOK software on the machine with that activation.

I have not had to petition Eventide for a new activation but have found their support pretty responsive.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, abacab said:

And I also discovered that my 2nd activation for Eventide Black Hole that I was using on my (now dead) laptop is locked up. iLOK won't let me deactivate a license from a machine that I can no longer access.

Waiting... 🤪

Had a similar problem  with an Eventide plugin (registered on a dead computer) but their support fixed it rather quickly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scook said:

I have not had to petition Eventide for a new activation but have found their support pretty responsive.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Just discovered this morning (on a Saturday), and emailed them. I'm hopeful that they will get around to it in a couple of business days next week.

The real test will be the iLOK licenses on the same machine that belong to AKAI Professional and AIR Music (both inMusic Brands now). We'll see how responsive their support is...

I would obviously have de-activated all of the iLOK licenses prior to attempting a hard drive swap on my cheap laptop (no names mentioned) if I had thought that would kill the laptop. Had no idea that would be terminal! But due to the cheap hardware design and no access cover on the bottom, I was required to remove the keyboard to access the drive bay. Now the keyboard has come free and also detached the ribbon cables from the system board, which appears to have damaged the ribbon sockets, so no way back. I have an external keyboard, but the power button is on the internal keyboard.

So  now I have a new(er) laptop, a (refurbished) Dell, with an access cover on the bottom. Lessons (expensive) learned.  ☺️

I still have a few SONiVOX iLOK license activations stuck on the old laptop, but not sure they are really worth recovering. We'll see how AKAI and AIR  respond first...