CbB Export Busses to BandLab including Master buss

Hi All,

When I release a song, I export my (main) busses as stems to BandLab so to help facilitate others creating derivative works. As part of this workflow, I do my mastering on the Master buss. I do not use BandLab's mastering as I'm not happy with the results for my soundtrack/orchestra genre and I need to do it anyway for release to other outlets (SoundCloud, YouTube, etc).

When BandLab Assistant uploads my track, it appears that BandLab mixes all the busses together equally to create the audio that plays in the site. However, I would like to include the Master buss with my mastering so that it has the proper loudness and EQ for listening in BandLab, but I'm concerned it will just get mixed with the other busses and essentially "double", clip, or mis-represent the presentation of the piece.

My question is this: Is the BandLab site smart enough to recognize there is a "Master" channel/buss and not mix in the others for presentation?

There aren't many folks here who use Bandlab. This is mainly a forum for the DAW Cakewalk By Bandlab (CbB).
But, if you can let us know what your export options are or provide a pic of that screen, maybe someone will come up with something that helps.

On 9/4/2020 at 12:53 PM, 57Gregy said:

There aren't many folks here who use Bandlab. This is mainly a forum for the DAW Cakewalk By Bandlab (CbB).
But, if you can let us know what your export options are or provide a pic of that screen, maybe someone will come up with something that helps.

Thanks for the response. I understand this is more of a Cakewalk forum so I was just taking a shot that someone might have known since BandLab is now coupled to it and I'd seen a few of the Songs forum with links there.

Meanwhile I discovered that you can upload your own mastered track on top of the stems for the same revision, and that seems to be the best solution for the presentation I'm looking for. Problem solved.

• Like 1