FOR SALE: Adam S3A Powered Monitors (pair)

Jerry Gerber

These speakers are superb for mixing and mastering.  They are high end and are in excellent condition--no dings, blemishes or scratches.  I am the original owner and they've only been used on a clean, smoke-free studio environment. 

Will sell locally only, must pick up (San Francisco Bay Area)

$2750 for the pair.

Email:

jerry@jerrygerber.com

Jerry Studio 1 After Flood.jpg

tzdbhtoqboaq28g9pbhe.jpg

enrwa9dyzirbrkydyvyv.jpg

knnrrudgc0uejjzmgpkv.jpg

Edited by jsg

2 minutes ago, Bapu said:

All kidding aside, that's a great price for the (now obsolete) pair. He probably paid in the area of $5K for them.

Yeah, I paid over $5000 for them.  Since I compose and orchestrate using headphones and I only use the speakers for mixing and mastering, they didn't get nearly as much use as they would have if I used them for writing and sequencing, which takes the majority of my production time.  In other words, they've got years of life in them..

2 hours ago, jsg said:

Since I compose and orchestrate using headphones and I only use the speakers for mixing and mastering, they didn't get nearly as much use as they would have if I used them for writing and sequencing, which takes the majority of my production time.  In other words, they've got years of life in them..

The same can be said for my Mackie HR824s. Obviously not high end like you Adam's, but my usage is very limited too. I replaced them with IKMultimedia MTMs.

Given our home situation where my wife's work from home office is only separated by a wall to my studio/home office with an open doorway between us, using speakers has *very* limited bandwidth.

If I were going to open a commercial studio I'd drive to the Bay Area and buy those bad boys from you at that price.

I've heard those S3A's (well, not those specific ones) and they are frickin' amazing speakers. Built back when the company's founder was still around and all their stuff was still made in Germany. If I was in the market, I'd definitely consider driving from Seattle to the bay area for them. 

I always tell people to buy studio monitors used. They don't wear out, don't get abused, and you're able to get quality that's a few notches above what your budget might otherwise allow. 

Note that these aren't exactly nearfields; they like to be a bit further away from the mix position than their smaller siblings.