Nectar 3 updated to 3.2 and VocalSynth updated to 2.2

cclarry

I found this reference to Nectar 3 Plus  on the Izotope web site.  The first topic says Nectar 3  Plus is  a "forthcoming" update (with RX8 breath control).  The second topic is a bit confusing to me because it's not what I'm seeing on my Product Portal. 

Edited by Tom B
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Tom B said:

The second  topic is a bit confusing to me

I think I understand what's going on with Nectar 3/Plus. This is all educated guess on my part, so take it as such.

As soon as it actually ships, Nectar 3 Plus will be the sole Nectar 3 product. Any new installations/purchases will be Plus. They will keep 3 around for people who need it (as outlined below).

They aren't ready to go live with the actual release announcement. The "trial" that's showing up is for people who want to start using the new plug-in, with its new name (and plug-in ID) in new projects.

tl/dr:

Between when Nectar 3 first released and now, they updated RX7 to RX8, and want the RX Breath Control feature to be consistent with the current RX product. After all, iZotope's suites can talk to each other.

Why they would need to rename it and keep  the earlier version around for existing Nectar 3 owners is for backward compatibility, existing projects that already use Nectar 3 plain. Otherwise, any existing project where you used RX7 Breath Control would be borked.

So: same product, with an updated feature, new name (and plug-in ID). It looks like they are going to flow it to recent licensees, maybe they'll try to squeeze a bit of cash from earlier purchasers to upgrade. I have a feeling they won't. It would be a dick move, and negative sentiment would outweigh the financial benefits. Maybe they'll pitch it as a "quarantine gift" or something.

Sound feasible? Whaddaya think?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Great Idea 1