Did "ESC" during mixdown/export functionality change ?

Greg Wynn

When I export, I've always been able to hit ESC to stop the process for at least the last 15 years or so :)  

Am I going crazy or has that functionality changed as it no longer stops exporting which at that point it would ask if I'd like to keep the resulting audio  ?  I've tried it on two different installs on two different machines both running 2020.08.

Edited by Greg Wynn
More info

8 hours ago, Greg Wynn said:

When I export, I've always been able to hit ESC to stop the process for at least the last 15 years or so :)  

Am I going crazy or has that functionality changed as it no longer stops exporting which at that point it would ask if I'd like to keep the resulting audio  ?  I've tried it on two different installs on two different machines both running 2020.08.

This is working normally for me, have you tried it with different projects? Try creating a new simple one with just audio and see if there's any difference. 

• Thanks 1

Already ahead of you :)

New project, old project, and different instances of Cakewalk.  However the instances share the same keyboard (in a dual boot configuration).  I’m wondering if my keyboard got wonky ?  Stranger things have happened.

I’ll troubleshoot further and I thank you for your response.

Narrowed it down a little.  If I go File>Export>Audio I get the normal export audio dialogue and can start the export AND interrupt with the esc key. That works fine.

However if I do it from the control bar Custom>Export and start the export I cannot interrupt it with the ESC key.

In both instances Audible Bounce is enabled.

This is repeatable on multiple projects.

3 hours ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

Ah come on, the Custom Control Bar module has only been there since SONAR Platinum... you're talking like 5 years max! 😁

Hehehe.  That’s probably an accurate timeline.

I used to use what ever was in that area :)

Edited by Greg Wynn