Sand Script

Hidden Symmetry

So great ! Wow, I appreciate how your sax is your voice through this piece, musically interesting with the chord changes. Though, from beginning to end, the snare on 2+4 does not change at all . . . sure, there are fills in the drums, but always that same snare on 2+4 . . . there is an alternate section of interest, but still the same snare volume and exact tone. The recording is all top notch and balanced, but I can't get away from that drum machine thing as I listen. Sorry, don't mean to be a downer, because I SO appreciate what you've done here . . . maybe I just want more drum drama . . . don't mind me, I liked it a lot, but the drums seem important to me this piece somehow  . . .

6 hours ago, noynekker said:

So great ! Wow, I appreciate how your sax is your voice through this piece, musically interesting with the chord changes. Though, from beginning to end, the snare on 2+4 does not change at all . . . sure, there are fills in the drums, but always that same snare on 2+4 . . . there is an alternate section of interest, but still the same snare volume and exact tone. The recording is all top notch and balanced, but I can't get away from that drum machine thing as I listen. Sorry, don't mean to be a downer, because I SO appreciate what you've done here . . . maybe I just want more drum drama . . . don't mind me, I liked it a lot, but the drums seem important to me this piece somehow  . . .

Thanks, I'll check that snare out. It's basically doing what I want which is driving 2 & 4 home. Maybe it's too hot in the mix or I'll tweak the performance to change it up. At some point I'd like to replace the canned drums altogether with a live player. I'll give it another go over. Appreciate the critique & feedback.

4 hours ago, Paul Bush said:

Yes I liked this very much lot`s of musical surprises in there , great production over 5 mins long,  never once did it get boring  now thats not easy to do

Thanks Paul, glad you enjoyed the tune & for listening.

On 9/3/2020 at 1:22 AM, noynekker said:

Here's an alt version with some drum & bass edits:

• Like 1

I really liked the drum track on this one - they sounded really good - what did you use here? 

This is a bit different from the music I've heard from you recently - this one is a bit more of an instrumental rock song - perhaps progressive rock.

There was a lot going on in the mix, but you made it work - well done.