RX8 is finally here. (maybe a deal)

Promidi

Izotope have finally released RX8

https://account.izotope.com/en/account/log-in/

What's New (From RX7)

https://www.izotope.com/en/learn/why-upgrade-to-rx-8.html

There is a caveat

The RX8 system requirements does not list Windows 7.

So if you're still running this Operating system, definitely download and run the trial before making the purchase.

PC Support: Win 8 & Win 10 64bit only.

• Thanks 2

Yup, upgrade price for standard upgrade is scary...  But the most important thing for us is if the difference rx7 vs rx8 is really game changer for us in our workflow...

If I didn't miss anything not for me anything till maybe $29 level...

2 things improved, 2 things I am using other plugins for anyway... And on top of it after video demo watching not very impressed with some results...

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

what and when have the crazy sales in the past usually been for RX? Just wondering? Black Friday?

The best sale might have been the one that just ended (so before a new release). Something like $83 for Rx7 Standard, from Elements, at JRR. I haven't checked the new specs, but judging from the pricing for Rx8 Advanced, it probably cures Covid, so it might be a while until the next big sale.  

By the way, if you can't wait until then (and don't want to sell a kidney to get it now), there are cheaper and decent alternatives. I have Acon's Digital Restoration Suite 2 and I love it - works like a charm. Shop around! 

Edited by fitzroy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BLHBLB said:

This is probably corner case for those restoring old tape recordings, but I wonder how the new wow and flutter cleaning feature in RX8 ($250 upgrade from RX Advanced 7) compares to Celemony's Capstan ($4500)?

I'm being quoted $299 (plus uk taxes !) for the upgrade from RX7 advanced to RX8 advanced - are you seeing $250 in your account ?

edit JRR is doing this upgrade for $251 with code group - the 'newpassword' isn't valid

Edited by simon

Hi Simon,

Yes, I was using the JRR pricing. Still wondering about the RX8 Wow/Flutter cleaner vs Celemony Capstan product comparison.

That is quite a price difference ($4500 vs. $250) and as usual, the price will drop even more with BF sales.

Take care,

b

• Thanks 1