TIME

freddy j

I find it rather curious that although my wife and I are faithful followers of "stay at home" (as best we can) both she and I are finding that  time is passing us by in a hurry and fading away.  Being a curious chap, I checked with some friends and they have experienced the same phenomena.  This brought me to the fickle topic of time (including relativity and quantum physics).  Eliminating the two topics in brackets, I decided to come up with a song about the phenomena that my wife, some friends and I noticed about time.  This is a bit different from most of the stuff that I post (e.g., more sedate).

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it and any comments, suggestions, crit.'s, etc. will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

TIME

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandid=963481

• Like 3

Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so ;) (The Hitch hikers Guide to the Galaxy).

Time is a mathematical construct created by mathematicians so their maths works. 😎

Time become shorter the more you experience it.  🤔

On your first day on this world you had no idea of a day, by the time you reach the evening days of our time here you have experienced thousands of days each one feels a little shorter every day.

Nice job on this @freddy j I do like.

• Like 1

This is one moody, laid-back blues tune with a message that had to be said!  You always have a way of putting contemporary topics in a way that makes sense and imparts a message at the same time.  As usual, the production sounds organic with your touch of warmth.  Listening to you is like enjoying my grandma's cooking and all the comforts of home.

On 9/1/2020 at 1:54 PM, freddy j said:

both she and I are finding that  time is passing us by in a hurry and fading away

That seems to be a common malady these days.

On 9/1/2020 at 1:54 PM, freddy j said:

a bit different from most of the stuff that I post

Maybe, sounds like Freddy to me; this and your surf excursion (and I hear a little of that in the solo guitar verb here)
prove you're not a "one trick pony" my friend!

many thumbs up here...

t

Ahhh, now that I have adjusted Night Storm on Sea  --- I have had a chance to re-work Time.  My apologies for the delay in responding

Hi Garyburn.  Thanks very much for the comments and suggestions.  I have boosted up the vocals and hopefully this helps.

Hi Douglas.  I agree with you.  Time is a hard critter to figure out.  I think, from our average human perception, time is perceived a bit differently than the ideas of Einstein and quantum mechanics.  Thanks very much for you input and kind words.

Hey Nigel.  Thanks for responding.  I appreciate your suggestion and the vocal has been increased.  Thanks again.

Hi Wookie.  I love the quotes and sayings that you provided.  They're great!  Thanks very much for listening and your response.

Hey Bjorn.  I take out trash twice a week --- that must be why time passes by twice as fast for me??? 😏  Thanks very much for listening and for the kind comments.

Hey Lynn.  Wow, thank you very much.  I really appreciate the kind words, and for the help and encouragement that you have always provided.  BTW, I was really impressed by your last song posted - excellent.

Hi tom.  Ya, stay at home doesn't help - but- we have to do what we should do and what is best!  Thanks very much for the listen and for the kind input.

Hi Allan.  Thanks Allan - your words are very much appreciated.  I just got done responding to your latest post -- very impressive indeed!!!

Hi Hidden Symmetry.  The Doors -cool- if only I could do a decent job in playing the organ. 🙂 Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and for the kind comments.

Edited by freddy j
additions to comments

This time thing is only temporary.

In the Bible it mentions that "in heaven there is no reckoning of time"

I really enjoyed this track. A lot of great work in there. I feel the chorus/refrain part could use a bit more energy, possibly sung higher. I was wondering how the whole thing would sound if some or all of it we're sung in another octave or with some higher harmonies. I think it is a fun and interesting blues song with a nice warm vibe to it. 

Hey David.  Thanks for taking time to listen to both songs.  Time is indeed a conundrum.  I very much appreciate your comments.  Thank you.

Hi Evan.  You're right.  Unfortunately, our time on this Earth is much too temporary for me.  Thanks for listening and for your comments.  You are not the first one to suggest that I put a bit more "energy" in my vocals on certain songs.  Even my wife suggested that I have a Perry Como delivery on certain songs.  I must admit that I always have liked Perry Como (please don't hold that against me).  I would like to try different octaves or other keys but unfortunately I am limited by my geriatric baritone larynx.  Thanks again.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...