Wasted Years - with Daryl on backing vocals

garybrun

17 minutes ago, Amicus717 said:

Really nice song.  Like the pacing and the relaxed vibe to it. I am wondering if I'm hearing a bit of vocal clipping in it? Example, at the 1:31 mark? 

Overall, I like it a lot, and the backing vocals are a really nice touch.  Great stuff.

Rob

I agree with clipping...  I thought I had heard it...   but too long on the speakers today.

Very nice Gary ,  It sounds Much more polished now. The added harmony was a nice boost. I do think a low octave vocal  should be used to reinforce and thicken a lead vocal and not stand out so much on its own , unless you're specifically going for an Oak Ridge Boys type of gospel group song. Just my personal preference...  I still loved it.    mark

3 hours ago, mark skinner said:

Very nice Gary ,  It sounds Much more polished now. The added harmony was a nice boost. I do think a low octave vocal  should be used to reinforce and thicken a lead vocal and not stand out so much on its own , unless you're specifically going for an Oak Ridge Boys type of gospel group song. Just my personal preference...  I still loved it.    mark

Thanks @mark skinner
To be honest I dont know what sort of sound I was going for...  just my sound.
I cant really harmonize...  but could do the bass...  so I thought I would try that to see if it worked.
Was thinking of using the bass vocal to echo some phrases in the verses instead of using it in the chorus's.

Once again thanks for taking the time to listen.

• Like 1