Nebrini Holy Grail v2

cclarry

USA High Gain Holy Grail Guitar Amplifier
(Intro offer for just $29! until September 15, 11:59PM CEST, regular price $137)

BST100 Version 2 Super Overdrive Guitar Amplifier
(Guitar Amplifier modeling based on the Soldano SLO100*)

UPGRADE PRICE $9.99 USING BST100UPGRADE CODE OR CLICK HERE

(upgrade code valid only for who already bought the V1)

https://www.nembriniaudio.com/products/bst100-v2-super-overdrive-guitar-amplifier

Edited by cclarry

I have the Nembrini MRH810, the SoundMaster and version 1 of the BST100. I use the MRH all the time, the SoundMaster quite a bit, but find I reach for the BST hardly at all. To me, it is a ubiquitous overdriven tone that I can get almost anywhere with not a lot of effort. I know I am in the minority and there are loads of folk who love it, but it does nothing for me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Couldn't even afford that...but I liked it better...

Sorry, King, I hope you'll grab it over a nice BF sale. I was curious to see if the 20% off (for any 2+ products for new customers) would work together with their sale price, but it didn't. Maybe it will next time, and you'll get an even better deal. 

• Thanks 1

I sort of feel like a jerk if I complain about $10 upgrades from a new, quality, independent developer but how are the improvements to the core amp in v2?

In the prior MRH810 v2 upgrade, for example, they included a "new sound engine," one new cab IR, a new IR loader, and a new GUI. Which is ok for a $10 upgrade, but since it's per-sim, if someone has bought five of their amps, they'll eventually be re-buying that IR loader five times. Contrasting with Neural (only because it's been mentioned in this thread), their v2s so far have been free and there are a few amps in each product. 

Again, I'm trying to stop short of complaining, I've been a fan of Nembrini's stuff so far and would throw down $30 without demoing if they model an amp I like.

• Thanks 1

I like the Nembrinis too, have bought most of their amps within a  year, but I don’t like the fact that they're charging $10 for the updates, and so soon.  I don’t know if I will update any of them.

Edited by Tomgu
typo

This is basically fourth-hand information, and I can't find the original source, but there is a reddit post that references a facebook post that references a statement from the dev that this and the jcm800 were the first two amp sims, and the v2 releases are to pick up improvements made from the third amp onward. So maybe just these two.

I'm totally ok paying for upgrades but it's nice when it's for added functionality, rather than minor updates, bugfixes, WUP, 64-bit, etc.