Jump to content
HIBI

Pluginboutique Claim your FREE copy of Trash2 + Carbon Bundle

Recommended Posts

I bought the Kuassa Vermillion VST guitar amp for $19.00 US to also get trash and carbon thrown in. I have tried other Kuassa amps but not this one although I know what it is supposed to do. Surprise buy, maybe I'll like it, maybe I won't...oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2020 at 9:06 PM, chris.r said:

I have a question to you guys. I was listening to this ujam carbon video and there is a pulsating synth sound in the beginning. What instruments are best for making this sound? I've heard about one and it's the Zebra but it's way out of my price range because it's never on a big discount, but maybe something else? I mean, one could use an arpeggiated synth bass sound but there's some liveness to it in this vid that I'm liking.

 

 

In this video (at the beginning) Daniel, the trailer creator, explains how he created that synth sound with Carbon.

 

 

Edited by abacab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PIB also has Eventide Shimmerverb on sale for $39, and I was already thinking about buying that elsewhere.

But not any more! Now with Carbon in the free bundle! You can even use PIB Virtual Cash that you have to improve your discount, as long as it's not 100% of the purchase price.

 

Edited by abacab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody know of a way to just d/l and install the carbon demo without having to first install the UJAM download manager thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cclarry said:

Thanks Larry. I already did the d/l for the "installer" but it was very small, so I'm guessing that it's just the installer for the thing that is then going to do the d/l onto the pc like Native Access does. That's the step that I would prefer to avoid - I just want to d/l the actual thing not the thing that wants to manage it for me if that makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, paulo said:

Thanks Larry. I already did the d/l for the "installer" but it was very small, so I'm guessing that it's just the installer for the thing that is then going to do the d/l onto the pc like Native Access does. That's the step that I would prefer to avoid - I just want to d/l the actual thing not the thing that wants to manage it for me if that makes sense.

Ah...there is no "download" of the file...you have to use the installer, which does the download...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Ah...there is no "download" of the file...you have to use the installer, which does the download...

As I suspected. Thanks for confirming.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Ah...there is no "download" of the file...you have to use the installer, which does the download...

What is odd is that "installer" then actually downloads the installer and files it uses for the installer.

On the machines I ran it on it downloads what is in effect the actual installer.  The initial program they give you is effectively some downloader application that makes sure it is downloading everything needed, but doesn't actually end up installing the program or used as a manager such as paulo mentions.

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cclarry said:

Ah...there is no "download" of the file...you have to use the installer, which does the download...

The initial "download" is just the download manager for that particular installer. It does not install itself as a software manager for UJAM. Just installs the specific product.

I have several UJAM titles and each of the new items have a separate "installer".

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently I downloaded 4.1GB of data and the downloader verified the files before closing and doing nothing else. So where do they go? All I can find is a VG Carbon 1.0.1 application 559KB and an empty BIN File. If I run the app file it just asks for a disc and will go no further without one......

Oh, for the days when you actually had a disc............ 😬

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, paulo said:

Apparently I downloaded 4.1GB of data and the downloader verified the files before closing and doing nothing else. So where do they go? All I can find is a VG Carbon 1.0.1 application 559KB and an empty BIN File. If I run the app file it just asks for a disc and will go no further without one......

Oh, for the days when you actually had a disc............ 😬

 

 

There is no stand alone...it has to be run from within a DAW, as it's VST/AAX only...
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Larry Shelby said:

There is no stand alone...it has to be run from within a DAW, as it's VST/AAX only...
 

Thanks for reply, but I know that. I haven't even installed it yet. It's the installer app that is asking for a disc.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's odd...I'd check the App Manager (windows) and see if it can be uninstalled,
then try again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Larry Shelby said:

That's odd...I'd check the App Manager (windows) and see if it can be uninstalled,
then try again!

There's nothing to uninstall because I haven't been able to install it. The installer opens, I accept the licence agreement (like I have a choice, lol) select/accept the install locations and then select install. Immediately I get a pop up asking for DISK 1 or to direct the installer to another location where it may be found. Problem is that despite a 4.1GB download I can't find any other files anywhere.

Thanks for trying to help, but I'm giving up on it for now. Already wasted far too much of the day on this.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, paulo said:

There's nothing to uninstall because I haven't been able to install it. The installer opens, I accept the licence agreement (like I have a choice, lol) select/accept the install locations and then select install. Immediately I get a pop up asking for DISK 1 or to direct the installer to another location where it may be found. Problem is that despite a 4.1GB download I can't find any other files anywhere.

Thanks for trying to help, but I'm giving up on it for now. Already wasted far too much of the day on this.

Here's what I got when I started the download process:

1, Downloaded the 'VG-CARBON Downloader.exe'. It went to my 'C:\Users\<username>\Downloads' folder.

2.  Ran that file, and it dropped a 2.5GB folder named 'Virtual Guitarist CARBON' in the same downloads folder. Inside that folder is a 'Virtual Guitarist CARBON 1.0.1 (497).exe' and three related .bin files.

*** Wait for the downloader to finish checking files after the download is complete . The downloader dialog may be hidden behind other windows on the desktop. ***

3. The folder will now be 4.1GB. The downloader was apparently uncompressing the .bin files in that folder.  No clue that was happening obviously.

4. Now run the .exe file! The VG-Carbon Setup Wizard will launch. It will default to your VST folder for the plugin, and for the content it will default to Program Data on your 'C:' drive, but you can browse to another drive if you wish. Let the installer finish.

All good here in the DAW. Lets rock!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it's a bootstrapper where you have to download the installer to your DAW and it will only then install the full program direct to your DAW which appears to be 2.5gig. Not much use to me since I cannot download that file size direct to my DAW. It's like Native Instruments "native access" and the reason I dumped Native Instruments.

Another company I will be avoiding for now. It will sit rotting away in my plugin boutique account perhaps for a day in the future.

 

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I mentioned earler you have to run the installer the previous installer downloads.  It will be in the default place your web browser downloads to.  Likely your download folder.  You will likley see a Folder it created that contains about 5 files in it totaling 4+ gigs.

Edited by Brian Walton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

You will likley see a Folder it created that contains about 5 files in it totaling 4+ gigs.

Ugh! 4 gigs is even worse. OK if I could download it to the laptop and then move it over to my primarily offline DAW but not possible with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...