Pluginboutique Claim your FREE copy of Trash2 + Carbon Bundle

HIBI

14 hours ago, abacab said:

Ran that file, and it dropped a 2.5GB folder named 'Virtual Guitarist CARBON' in the same downloads folder. Inside that folder is a 'Virtual Guitarist CARBON 1.0.1 (497).exe' and three related .bin files.

I have only the .exe and one empty .bin file. The download said it was completed at 4.1GB so I have no idea where the rest of it went. 

Imagine all the bad words that you ever heard of...........today I direct all of them in the general direction of UJAM. 4 download attempts later I finally get all the files, install them, run the VST scan, so far so good..........hope it was worth the fuss...............the UI is opening and...........Trial Period has EXPIRED. Erm, I installed it for the first time just now, so WTF? 

Imagine all those bad words again with UJAM on the end.

😬

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sander Verstraten said:

Anyone knows why Carbon isnt NKS enabled? I got Iron and Sparkle and they show up in Komplete Kontrol

I don't know the answer to why, but when I checked I found that Carbon is available as a regular plug-in in KK, but it doesn't show up in the KK Library.

Further checking of the UJAM folder in C:\ProgramData\UJAM shows that Sparkle has a  NKS sub- folder, but Carbon does not.

1 hour ago, John Bradley said:

Thinking maybe I don't need a free copy of Carbon after all. The whole process sounds more than a little annoying for a thing I'm unlikely to ever use, beyond the initial dick-around-with-and-then-forget-about stage.

Process is easy.   If it is worth 4gigs of HD space, honestly that is the question I'd pose.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Process is easy.   If it is worth 4gigs of HD space, honestly that is the question I'd pose.

I'd recommend trying the demo first, then if you no likey, you can get your 4GB back. No risk, except for a few minutes of your time! 😉

I do like the instrument mode, where you can actually play the instrument without using the preset phrase player.  This mode has keyswitch articulations.

45 minutes ago, abacab said:

I'd recommend trying the demo first, then if you no likey, you can get your 4GB back. No risk, except for a few minutes of your time! 😉

I do like the instrument mode, where you can actually play the instrument without using the preset phrase player.  This mode has keyswitch articulations.

Well is the demo less than 4gb?

I bought it, but the initial state is demo mode after the 4gb download.

Haven't really used it so can't comment, but I have plenty of guitar equipment - so I'm not exactly the typical customer for a guitar plugin.

7 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Haven't really used it so can't comment, but I have plenty of guitar equipment - so I'm not exactly the typical customer for a guitar plugin.

When you launch the program in your DAW a registration dialog will pop up asking you to 
login and active it.  This, unfortunately for me, does not work in any DAW that I've tried, so still haven't
been able to register.

8 minutes ago, Larry Shelby said:

When you launch the program in your DAW a registration dialog will pop up asking you to 
login and active it.  This, unfortunately for me, does not work in any DAW that I've tried, so still haven't
been able to register.

Hmm... I've only got the one DAW, and I've got to believe it's one of the ones Larry would have tried. 😄

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Larry Shelby said:

been able to register.

Odd...worked fine for me on 3 different Windows 10 computers of various "vintages"

Using latest Bandlab build of each.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Larry Shelby said:

been able to register.

If you have already done this part, then I could only imagine that you are having some sort of networking issue. You must be online to activate. Are you using a firewall?

UJAM Carbon Installation.PNG

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

The demo is the full program. Can be run in demo mode, or registered.

I promised myself I wouldn't, but I caved. 😖

Ended up going the full izotope.

Got Iris 2 for £9. What a bargain!

Ujam Carbon was a pleasant surprise. I've already got silk and the other one, but Carbon is great for sound design.

Tomorrow I'll play about with the others. 👍

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, artturner said:

This thread should go on my wall as a reminder to never, never, never buy anything even at half price. Thanks, ujam, for making my purchase a waste of hard-earned money!

Huh? They have a demo to try before buy!

Edited by abacab