Pluginboutique Claim your FREE copy of Trash2 + Carbon Bundle

HIBI

Hmmmmm.........after months and months of thinking that PB freebies had become pretty lame, they go and prove me wrong. Might be time for me to finally buy Scaler 2. Having waited soooooooooo looooooooooonnnnnnggggggg for it's release I decided that I might as well wait a bit longer for the inevitable sale (that and the fact that even after all that time the initial release version still seemed to be very broken) but throwing Carbon into the equation makes it feel like I should do it now rather than just buy something cheap that I don't really want/need just to get the freebie.

Edited by paulo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, paulo said:

Hmmmmm.........after months and months of thinking that PB freebies had become pretty lame, they go and prove me wrong. Might be time for me to finally buy Scaler 2. Having waited soooooooooo looooooooooonnnnnnggggggg for it's release I decided that I might as well wait a bit longer for the inevitable sale (that and the fact that even after all that time the initial release version still seemed to be very broken) but throwing Carbon into the equation makes it feel like it I should do it now rather than just buy something cheap that I don't really want/need just to get the freebie.

scaler is good. if you don't need all the features, obelisk also works just as well if you just use it in a DAW.

https://audioplugin.deals/obelisk-by-frozen-plain/

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

A word of caution about Air products.   Use an iLok and not your drive.   After a system upgrade all of my iLok authorizations on the drive need to be reset.  I'm waiting on them to reset.  Their support is slow to non existent.

• Sad 2

I have a question to you guys. I was listening to this ujam carbon video and there is a pulsating synth sound in the beginning. What instruments are best for making this sound? I've heard about one and it's the Zebra but it's way out of my price range because it's never on a big discount, but maybe something else? I mean, one could use an arpeggiated synth bass sound but there's some liveness to it in this vid that I'm liking.

17 minutes ago, chris.r said:

I have a question to you guys. I was listening to this ujam carbon video and there is a pulsating synth sound in the beginning. What instruments are best for making this sound? I've heard about one and it's the Zebra but it's way out of my price range because it's never on a big discount, but maybe something else? I mean, one could use an arpeggiated synth bass sound but there's some liveness to it in this vid that I'm liking.

The post above this one 😛

Edited by Hillmy
Answer solved

4 minutes ago, chris.r said:

Thanks, I'm about the synth bass pulse sound and not about carbon sounds. Like here:

In that case I will retype what I wrote before editing it out 😛

SynthMaster and/or SubLab both at decent prices and SynthMaster seems like an all around synth that may do what you want. SubLab is great for 808, Bass, and any sub/low end sound. Try the demo of both of them to find out. Keep in mind that it probably is the combination of synth and FX that may get the sound you want as well.

39 minutes ago, Hillmy said:

Keep in mind that it probably is the combination of synth and FX that may get the sound you want as well.

I would have thought so too. I have Synthmaster and I like it but I feel it's giving me a more static sound than what I hear in this video.

1 hour ago, chris.r said:

I would have thought so too. I have Synthmaster and I like it but I feel it's giving me a more static sound than what I hear in this video.

Have you tried SubLab? if that doesn't work, there is UVI Meteor and Falcon 2. But that is not cheap. It will definitely get the job done though, any for that matter. 😛 

Edited by Hillmy

15 hours ago, Paul Young said:

UJAM products

We're not limiting the number of authorizations. Our license lets you install and run our products on multiple computers of yours. It also allows multiple users on ONE single machine but it does not allow for multiple users on multiple computers.

I've never had a problem with UJam through multiple hardware changes.  Works great. 

43 minutes ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

Wrt modulation effects, don't miss Arturia's bi-tron (the hardware mu-tron biphase was itself an evolution of the uni-vibe)

Well the mu-ton biphase sounds completely different.  The design might be evolutionary in what it can do, but always felt like a totally different effect (and not one I'd use as much.   And believe it or not, I've played one of those monstrosities.  

11 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

Sknote has a good univibe called the UV Vibe. Anyway. 

And a nice Dimension D which is on my to-buy list. I forgot about sknote because it's sometimes tricky to make his plugins work in Cakewalk.

13 hours ago, Hillmy said:

Have you tried SubLab?

But the one on the movie sounds like a real analog hardware to me. I believe you can fake it in the software but one needs to know what software to use, like I said I know about u-he synths but that's out of my price range and I'm not planning on buying them anytime nearby.