Pluginboutique Claim your FREE copy of Trash2 + Carbon Bundle

HIBI

If somebody is worried about paying a few bucks for Carbon, just go to their site and download the free version.

ujam has given out a few of their instruments before.  The reason is that people often like one, so they buy more.  That is exactly why I have purchased so many ujam products and wish I owned them all.

But Carbon is the weirdest product they have ever made.  Hans Zimmer is a ujam co-founder, and I always wondered if he was an influence on this insane Cinematic instrument.  If it's a "guitar," it's not like one I've seen. 

I don't know if people will buy Carbon and then say... oh I think I'll get their acoustic guitar Silk.  😀  I just think that Carbon is super-cool.  

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

The Eighty-eight in the Film Score bundle is actually a really nice piano.  Works great in a mix.  

Also throwing this one in the hat for sale items worth considering:

Audiority Harmonic Maximizer for $10

https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/3440-Harmonic-Maximizer

That is what I picked.   Being impressed with Audiority's XenoVerb and Teremolo/UniVibe plugins, thought I'd give it a shot since I don't have any Exciter that has this kind of control.  Only used it for a few minutes, but think I'll find it useful and I always appreciate the Audiority authorization method they use.    Only thing I don't care for about that is having your name on the plugin interface (if you don't use your actual name for a youtube channel and screen record mixing or something).  

Note doesn't have VST3 version.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

Also throwing this one in the hat for sale items worth considering:

Audiority Harmonic Maximizer for $10

https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/3440-Harmonic-Maximizer

That is what I picked.   Being impressed with Audiority's XenoVerb and Teremolo/UniVibe plugins, thought I'd give it a shot since I don't have any Exciter that has this kind of control.  Only used it for a few minutes, but think I'll find it useful and I always appreciate the Audiority authorization method they use.    Only thing I don't care for about that is having your name on the plugin interface (if you don't use your actual name for a youtube channel and screen record mixing or something).  

Note doesn't have VST3 version.  

Keep an eye out for another sale on Tube Modulator.  I picked it up recently on a crazy sale and it's excellent!

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/2-Effects/33-Modulator/4123-Tube-Modulator

19 minutes ago, mibby said:

Keep an eye out for another sale on Tube Modulator.  I picked it up recently on a crazy sale and it's excellent!

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/2-Effects/33-Modulator/4123-Tube-Modulator

Yep, that is the Tremolo/Uni-vibe product I mentioned.  

I didn't call it by name as when I first saw just the name (before investgating it and buying it) I thought "another Tube something or other" nah don't need it.

However, Un-Vibe is my favorite modulation effect and options are pretty much nothing in the plugin format.  Glad I took a look into what it actually was - and made it an easy decision to get it when it was on sale.   (I've noted it elsewhere, but the only thing I don't like is I wish they had a more transparent switch option for many of them.  sometimes the flavor it imparts really does change the tone/eq a fair amont more than I want...otherwise wonderful).

FWIW, here's my list of potential pickups to get Carbon (already have Trash 2). If you've played with any of them, let me know what you think.

Strike 2 by AIR Music Technology - $49
TDR Nova GE by Tokyo Dawn Labs - $36
Mini Grand by AIR Music Technology - $5
W.A. Production Mutant Bundle - $6.90
Vocal Cleaner by W.A. Production - $7.90
W.A. Production Make It Loud Bundle - $9.91

I'd like a better druminator than Session Drummer 3, particularly one that has a few levels of high-hat closedness. Have Addictive Drums 2, but it annoys me. Need to watch some vids or d/l the demo to see if Strike 2 does what I want.

TDR Nova GE - Got the freebie version of Nova and like it. Could see getting the real version.

And Mini Grand and the various WA Production things might be of some use. Don't really need another piano, but $5, y'know. Was reasonably impressed with WA's Babylon synth, though I picked up ther Venom fx thing for cheap and have never used it, so who knows. Still, the prices are so low it doesn't really matter.

Though I should probably save some of them for future "get the free giveaway" purchases!

43 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

However, Un-Vibe is my favorite modulation effect and options are pretty much nothing in the plugin format. 

There is one cheap from Plug & Mix bundle, those plugins seem generic but they are all made by different developers and that makes them solid in terms of sound.

https://www.plugandmix.com/products/p880-Cool-vibe/

23 minutes ago, chris.r said:

There is one cheap from Plug & Mix bundle, those plugins seem generic but they are all made by different developers and that makes them solid in terms of sound.

https://www.plugandmix.com/products/p880-Cool-vibe/

Yeah, took it for a test spin and many settings didn't sound like a Uni-Vibe to me.

There are a few that get into the Uni-Vibe sweet spot, but that is a fairly limited range.   So if you crank the speed for example - you get out of what a unit actually sounds like.  

(note I'm a guitar player used to actual light based vibe-units...not a keys player used to in the box emulations of guitar toys)

6 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

(note I'm a guitar player used to actual light based vibe-units...not a keys player used to in the box emulations of guitar toys)

and I'm actually a keys player used to in-the-box emulation of guitar toys ha ha ha ha :D:D 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, John Bradley said:

TDR Nova GE by Tokyo Dawn Labs - $36

Can't go wrong with this one. An amazing FREEBIE made even better with the GE upgrade.  This is one of the few plugins I've picked up a few years ago and actually still use on a regular basis.  :)