Komplete 13 Pre-Order

cclarry

47 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Got Komplete 10, then Komplete Ultimate 10, then Komplete Ultimate 12 Collector’s Edition. 

Never used anything else than Kontakt. 

Yeh, pretty true. I do use the drums. I really like the AR 50's. They do have their main engines like Kontakt and GRig. I would like to see them make a new drums "container engine". They could make all the FX available in it too with maybe some midi song building. They bought Loop Loft didn't they? Pretty hard to go past EZ Drummer and Sup3 to open up NI drums.

34 minutes ago, cclarry said:

That's the reason I dumped K10 Komplete Ultimate.  I was only using Kontakt...and not
with the included instruments.  They were just occupying space...

Yup, I have an Ultimate from a while ago but the last 2, I just upgraded Komplete. Good SSD space isn't free and needs to be considered.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BassDaddy said:

Yup, I have an Ultimate from a while ago but the last 2, I just upgraded Komplete. Good SSD space isn't free and needs to be considered.

And this is why I still have spinning drives.  Lots of spinning drives.  With all the stuff I use almost never.  But there just in case.  :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BassDaddy said:

How does that work?  Do you just get the updated product versions (Kontakt, Reaktor) or anything not in your version of KU that would otherwise be in the regular Komplete?  You don't lose anything but gain updates or things that are new to regular Komplete?

image.thumb.png.6413b735f9ada079e80a69d527d0b783.png

The 'You Save' bit almost looks like a PA subscription sales pitch 😜

On a slightly more serious note, do the instruments tend to move into the 'lesser' editions as they get older? e.g. ARKHIS is only in CE - if we wait long enough, might it eventually get included in Ultimate (and then Standard after even more time)?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Marc Cormier said:

How does that work?  Do you just get the updated product versions (Kontakt, Reaktor) or anything not in your version of KU that would otherwise be in the regular Komplete?  You don't lose anything but gain updates or things that are new to regular Komplete?

You just get a license for Komplete. There usually is a few new plugins and sometimes an update on Reaktor or something. I think you get extra serial numbers of the things you have but its been a while and I don't recall right now. Anyone, Bueller?

37 minutes ago, antler said:

image.thumb.png.6413b735f9ada079e80a69d527d0b783.png

The 'You Save' bit almost looks like a PA subscription sales pitch 😜

On a slightly more serious note, do the instruments tend to move into the 'lesser' editions as they get older? e.g. ARKHIS is only in CE - if we wait long enough, might it eventually get included in Ultimate (and then Standard after even more time)?

Haven't seen that happen yet.  The Ultimate items haven't yet showed up in the standard edition.  I'm thinking it will be the same for the CE stuff. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BassDaddy said:

You just get a license for Komplete. There usually is a few new plugins and sometimes an update on Reaktor or something. I think you get extra serial numbers of the things you have but its been a while and I don't recall right now. Anyone, Bueller?

I just went to KVR and spent my way out of having to wait for Bueller to answer that question.  I am weak.  And I need another hard drive.

• Haha 1

I t

5 hours ago, Dzilizzi said:

Haven't seen that happen yet.  The Ultimate items haven't yet showed up in the standard edition.  I'm thinking it will be the same for the CE stuff. 

I'm not so sure about that.  I remember the Scarbee Rick Bass was only in the Ultimate version, but is now in Standard.  Cuba was in 12 Ultimate but not Standard, now in 13.  Same with the Sunburst guitar.  Same with Crush Pack.

But, there's a lot of stuff that's been around for a while that hasn't found its way down, such as most of the AR Drums and Scarbee Basses, as well as the reverbs and compressors (although cheat mode: they seem to be available in GR6).

Edited by Magic Russ
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Dzilizzi said:

The do add a lot of stuff in these bundles.  Problem is? I don't want/use half of it.  I think I opened Massive X once.  Same with Massive. I don't use any of the expansions.  How do they even work? 

The bundles contain a bunch of loops and presets for Massive, Prism, Monark, and Battery.  I assume if you have Maschine it's easy to work with these.  If, like me, you don't have Maschine you could browse through the content with Komplete Kontrol instead.

I don't typically use Komplete Kontrol in my DAW for most things.  Maybe Pianos and EPs (especially since Lounge Lizard is NKS compatible), but usually not for synths.  If I want to use any of these presets in the synths they are made for, I have to copy them from where the expansions are stored and into the user directories for the given synths.

Edited by Magic Russ
  • Like 1