Komplete 13 Pre-Order

cclarry

I would recommend that people not pre-order this as there will be deals offered from discount stores. 

Time+Space gave out a free copy of Rob Papen's GO2 along with a reduced price on KU12.   GO2 was one of my favorite things I got with KU12.  
So you can probably get it on the first or second day from a  store.  It can get slowed down if they don't have enough serial numbers to sell. 

You do not a box to get Komplete.  If you have a serial number it will all turn up in Native Access and you can download it as you want to.  The truth is that by the time a box arrives many applications will need updates.

Do not make the assumption that everything in KU13 or KU CE will go on sale for half price during BF.  I could be wrong, but that's a whole different thing.  Many of the new ones won't go on sale until the summer.  I doubt the Cremona Quartet will go on sale for 50% off on BF.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Arkhis is not in KU13, which really pisses me off.  🤬  You have to buy the CE, which I don't want.

As it was the thing I was most looking forward to, it  might result in me passing on KU13.

I own most of the stuff I really want.  I was going to sell them to upgrade.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt

The upgrade price from 12 CE to 13 CE is way too high for as little as you are getting.  They seemed to have priced it assuming everyone will wait for the 50% off sale.  There isn't enough room at the top of their product bundle for the kind of pricing tiers they are using.  Which I think means they are definitely heading more toward a subscription type offering.

• Like 3

I have regular Komplete. I see nothing compelling in the upgrade, there are a few  "nice to have" items to be sure,  I see Butch Vig Drums, Noir and Super 8 that catch my eye. I am not sure whats new in the play series and the expansions as I rarely use them.

But nothing that can't wait to the highly likely half price sale next year.

Random observations:

Pricing tentatively looks to match years prior? Except it's the first year there is a UCE->UCE update, which is $500. 

IIRC last year's UCE differentiators correctly--Symphony Series and some expansions--they're still in the top tier.

You can still update all the way back from Komplete 2. Props to NI for this.

Added UCE-only products: three members of the quartet, more expansions, Arkhis

Positive surprises:

Noire is part of even the basic edition -- I know many of us are loaded up on pianos but I've heard really good things and imagined it might be a candidate for Ultimate. Alicia's Keys is the only ultimate-only piano.

No subscription!

I sort of can't believe GR6 is a thing, but there it is. Never doubted people who said it was popping up on surveys and betas but GR5 was released nine years ago - Sept 2011, with Komplete 8.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

The upgrade price from 12 CE to 13 CE is way too high for as little as you are getting.  They seemed to have priced it assuming everyone will wait for the 50% off sale.  There isn't enough room at the top of their product bundle for the kind of pricing tiers they are using.  Which I think means they are definitely heading more toward a subscription type offering.

Well, $250 on sale is a good upgrade price, considering you’re getting Cremona violins, cello and Arkhis for only $50 more than the KU upgrade at $200. Those are great libs. 

3 hours ago, Fleer said:

Well, $250 on sale is a good upgrade price, considering you’re getting Cremona violins, cello and Arkhis for only $50 more than the KU upgrade at $200. Those are great libs. 

Yeah, $250 (on sale obviously) will be a very good upgrade price with all the new stuff that's included. Props to NI for not forcing us (yet) to subscribe.

TBH, if I was made of money I'd be tempted to preorder,.. 😂

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mister_tea said:

Random observations:

Pricing tentatively looks to match years prior? Except it's the first year there is a UCE->UCE update, which is $500. 

IIRC last year's UCE differentiators correctly--Symphony Series and some expansions--they're still in the top tier.

You can still update all the way back from Komplete 2. Props to NI for this.

Added UCE-only products: three members of the quartet, more expansions, Arkhis

Positive surprises:

Noire is part of even the basic edition -- I know many of us are loaded up on pianos but I've heard really good things and imagined it might be a candidate for Ultimate. Alicia's Keys is the only ultimate-only piano.

No subscription!

I sort of can't believe GR6 is a thing, but there it is. Never doubted people who said it was popping up on surveys and betas but GR5 was released nine years ago - Sept 2011, with Komplete 8.

Noire is quite nice.  It's really two kinds of pianos, plus all these interesting effects.  You can get a lot out of it.

It's one of my favorite things to come out of NI in the last few years, along with Picked Acoustic.

My cynicism kicking in here, but I associate "pre-order" with something in high demand that is going to see a limited run (manufactured hardware basically). 

Last pre-order I made was for X2, and we all know how that went (and why it never happen again). No way I would pay money early to be a beta tester.

Edited by mettelus

The do add a lot of stuff in these bundles.  Problem is? I don't want/use half of it.  I think I opened Massive X once.  Same with Massive. I don't use any of the expansions.  How do they even work? 

I really wanted the Quartet and Arkhis, so I will wait until the sale because I will have to update to CE. 

It is kind of sad they put all this stuff in their bundles and people only use maybe a third of it, depending on the type of music they make. 

37 minutes ago, Dzilizzi said:

The do add a lot of stuff in these bundles.  Problem is? I don't want/use half of it.  I think I opened Massive X once.  Same with Massive. I don't use any of the expansions.  How do they even work? 

I really wanted the Quartet and Arkhis, so I will wait until the sale because I will have to update to CE. 

It is kind of sad they put all this stuff in their bundles and people only use maybe a third of it, depending on the type of music they make. 

I think they (and customers) factor that in - You need to work out if the stuff you do use is worth the money...or upgrade price.    Don't be blinded by the masses of stuff on offer no matter how good it is...if you ain't gonna use it

(^^^^ I NEVER live by that myself...now where's my credit card ?)

2 minutes ago, simon said:

I think they (and customers) factor that in - You need to work out if the stuff you do use is worth the money...or upgrade price.    Don't be blinded by the masses of stuff on offer no matter how good it is...if you ain't gonna use it

(^^^^ I NEVER live by that myself...now where's my credit card ?)

I'm the same.,,,,,,  😉

• Like 1