Possible a bug (Reduced mixdown volume automatically) in Cakewalk Aug 20 release

Dd

Per Jim Fogle's recommendation, I would like to re-post my observation concerning a possible bug in the Cakewalk latest version, Aug 2020:

First, thank you all of you for this great DAW. It's fun to work on: The stock VSTs are good and also the DAW allows to use other commercial/free VSTs.

Second, I would like to report a discrepancy which I experienced recently with the latest release, August 2020. Hope you have time to look into it. When I exported a mixdown in order to burn into a CD, it appears that the mixdown was somehow reduced its volume automatically and was only detectable clearly when listen from the CD/headphone/audio system. During the mixing stage, the volume was fine via a monitored headphone and that volume was expected at the mixdown, but it was not. Did not have this problem in earlier releases.

Please note that I did use the VU meter to monitor the signals out (Vocal and instrument) from the DAW in order to get a balance of Vocal/instrument and no clips.

Wish all healthy and stay safe.

Regards.

DL

Thank you all (especially Gswitz and msmcleod) for your recommendations. Yesterday, I went back to check all my mixing settings and testing the loads in many different configurations in order to prepare a step procedure for Gswitz to re-produce the problem. Yes, I found some errors in "gain/sends" of stereo bus and made corrections, it worked.

Since I used the VLC player and other audio players to listen to the mixdown and especially the VLC provided very clearly the reducing volume during the testing, I double check the setting in VLC and found that the "Pre-amp" fader was in fact in high setting. Reset it to flat, no more problem.

So, it was the operator's errors  and I am very happy to report that the Cakewalk DAW  latest release is as good/solid as I expected. No issue, case closed. Thank you all again for your time.  Regards/Dd

• Like 1