Automation envelope question

jono grant

Hey there,

Just getting used to CBL and had a question.

When editing an automation envelope (in sonar) you could click in between two nodes and raise or lower both nodes whereas the newer versions like CBL keep adding nodes unless you change your tool to the select tool.

Do I really have to change to different tools to raise/lower an envelope between two node points? Is the a way to do it with the smart tool?

Edited by jono grant

24 minutes ago, scook said:

Using the smart tool when the icon changes near the top of the clip, click to select the region between the two nodes then drag to set the level like this

okcMaqE.gif

Thanks! It seems to be grabbing all the nodes at once though, I'm trying to do it as you have in your example.

I seem to be missing something...

18 minutes ago, scook said:

I did not make it clear that the initial click must be released to select the region before click-dragging the nodes. Failing to perform the initial click causes all nodes to move.

Thanks! So many intricate functions in that smart tool.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2019 at 2:11 PM, scook said:

I did not make it clear that the initial click must be released to select the region before click-dragging the nodes. Failing to perform the initial click causes all nodes to move.

Sorry, one other question. When I make the initial click and drag between the two existing nodes, it creates two new nodes at the far edges of the area rather than just raising or lowering the existing nodes. Wondering if there's a way for it not to create the two, new, unwanted nodes and just lift the existing envelope? Video below of this being done in X1... It seems to only work with the "move" tool in CWBL... it would be great if the smart tool did this as well.

Thanks

Edited by jono grant

• 4 weeks later...

Yep CTRL drag is your friend to move a linear section in the smart tool. You can do most editing just using the smart tool. I rarely switch tools for editing automation.
Also remember that shift CLICK will select a "ghosted" envelope - no need to use the edit filter to switch the envelope being edited.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1