SONG: Easing Up

jbraner

Hi gary,

Thanks for listening. It was the lead guitar @ 0:45 - 0:59. The bends weren't coming back down correctly (they were staying a little sharp).

There were a couple of other small things too.

The disappointing part is that I didn't pick it up from the beginning 😓 - oh well, I'll need to be more vigilant wrt tuning! ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jbraner said:

Hi gary,

Thanks for listening. It was the lead guitar @ 0:45 - 0:59. The bends weren't coming back down correctly (they were staying a little sharp).

There were a couple of other small things too.

The disappointing part is that I didn't pick it up from the beginning 😓 - oh well, I'll need to be more vigilant wrt tuning! ;)

Glad you sorted it.
When we are mixing our own personal stuff we miss things because we are so used to the song.... they dont pop out.
Thats why its good to have other ears listen

Stream of Consciousness as I listen... Just my opinions.

• Simple, clean, nice intro. Feels like it should move on to something else a little sooner, but that's just me
  • My pref would be a little more volume on the bass, a little richer
  • Nice sound coming in on left and right around 1:14. Is that the Mellotron? Nice separation, adds a change of color and place
  • Nice texture change around 1:51. Still hoping for a chord change, but that's just me. Very cool percussion here.
  • 2:34, it gets deeper, mood change. Nice!
  • Not hearing any tuning issues as mentioned above
  • 3:40 - Slips back into the original groove. Nice structure, although to be honest I was getting a little anxious for more to happen.
  • Very nicely produced!

Hi Barry,

Thanks a lot for listening and all your comments!

I fixed the tuning problem (with Melodyne) so I'm glad you didn't hear anything else ;)

That 1:14 sound is a Mellotron Kontakt instrument (Wavesfactory Newmello collection)

It's funny you mention the bass - I struggled with that. I was at a point where a tiny bit more was "too much" and a tiny bit less was "it needs a tiny bit more" and was having trouble finding the right place for it - and this is where I ended up ;)