Something a little different from the Furry Paws.

Wookiee

On 9/2/2020 at 10:36 AM, Bajan Blue said:

Wookie first in using one of the new Arturia Modulation plug ins

Well three 99 euro plugins for only 49 euros one does not look the gifted horse in the mouth.

You will love them Nigel all three are definitely worth the 49 Euros.  Thanks for the listen and kind words sir.

Sounds pretty good on my not-so-cheap cans, too. So yeh, I'd say you're doing numerous things right.

Small suggestion: the room mics in SD3 can really add a live blues feel to this kind of material. Don't be afraid to bring those up and even compress them. My favorite is the medium-distance mics with a hint of the far mics. I don't mind the heavy kick you've got going. Nothing wrong with a little genre-confusion.

I'd also note that there are no rules for what makes the blues the blues. BB King went from being a niche artist to worldwide superstar due to one radical production choice: adding strings. Just a thought...why not step a little further out of the box and throw some of your signature synth textures into this tune?

P.S. If you didn't get David Sprouse's joke about Adele, search YouTube for a Rick Beato video titled something like "and then Adele said 'I hate wah wah'". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@bitflipper Thank you Dave I really do always appreciate your input, you are such a talent your self. 

I was just experimenting and selected the first kit preset and it seem to fit the feel it uses a Gretsch 24" x 16" Round Badge.  The preset only has one ambience mic loaded as default.   I did as you suggested on one of my other tracks I used drums on recently as the fully loaded kit was over 5 Gig this kit was just over  gig.

Again many thanks for your time, ears and kind words.

15 hours ago, bitflipper said:

there's this nifty wheel thing that seeks out the 16,384 missing notes in between!

And this sir is why you is the master and I is not worthy of even being called the apprentice. ;) (Though I could raise you one Wheel and 9 de-tuned Oscillators :D ) B| 

• Great Idea 1