Issue with Chordz vst in Cakewalk

Xel Ohh

Ok... Chordz works when you dont change any settings for timing but once you change the timing in velocity tab in chordz and change the start the key no longer plays when trying to record or just hitting play. I dont know if this is a bug or just something that Cakewalk doesnt allow. The feature works in all the other DAWs I have but Cakewalk. I made a video to show the issue and showed FL Studio using the same vsts and it works... Any feed back on this is welcome

I have tried the keyboard all input option as well still nothing. The weird thing is if its not recording or playing in the transport the plugin works fine and you can hear the notes and everything but you will see in the video.. Its kinda long sorry but had to show everything I could to try and resolve.

Greetings,

While reading another thread about a similar issue with another chording VST  @Matthew Sorrels suggested

Turn on the send all keystrokes keyboard icon in the upper right corner of the CbB plugin UI ... Plugins that use keyboard input often have issues with the DAW.  Which is why there is that switch to focus the keyboard entry to the plugin.

I had this thought after watching your video.

On the track where midi data was recorded, look at the event list.  Look at the velocity level for each note.  My gut feeling is it will be zero.  If I'm understanding the Chordz screen correctly, each note has a slider you're moving to set when the note triggers that determines when each note is output.  To the right is a rotary knob that sets the velocity for each note.  I'm thinking that when the slider is moved, velocity goes to zero.

Here is a link to the thread.  There are some more thoughts that may help:  https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/9338-captain-plugins-from-mixed-in-key-anyone-got-this-to-play-nicely-with-cakewalk/

Edited by Jim Fogle
Add Link

51 minutes ago, Jim Fogle said:

Greetings,

While reading another thread about a similar issue with another chording VST  @Matthew Sorrels suggested

I had this thought after watching your video.

On the track where midi data was recorded, look at the event list.  Look at the velocity level for each note.  My gut feeling is it will be zero.  If I'm understanding the Chordz screen correctly, each note has a slider you're moving to set when the note triggers that determines when each note is output.  To the right is a rotary knob that sets the velocity for each note.  I'm thinking that when the slider is moved, velocity goes to zero.

Here is a link to the thread.  There are some more thoughts that may help:  https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/9338-captain-plugins-from-mixed-in-key-anyone-got-this-to-play-nicely-with-cakewalk/

@Jim Fogle tried that as well .. I put it in the notes but didnt do it in the video.. It still does not work... Even if the volume was all the way down it would show that something is being pressed and in the video I show that i can turn off the start delay while its playing and it will play the note and once I move it the sound stops.

4 hours ago, Xel Ohh said:

I have tried the keyboard all input option as well still nothing. The weird thing is if its not recording or playing in the transport the plugin works fine and you can hear the notes and everything but you will see in the video.. Its kinda long sorry but had to show everything I could to try and resolve.

So yea.. Not sure what else to try... But thanks @Jim Fogle

• Like 1

If I setup the same thing and use Insert Piz Here's midiMonitor  synth as the destination for ChordZ output when you have a delay on ChordZ no MIDI is received by the midiMonitor synth.  Pretty much points to it being some sort of problem with Cakewalk and/or (maybe) ChordZ.  Not 100% sure you can tell who's at fault though.  Just because it works in another DAW (seems to work fine in Nuendo 10.3) doesn't completely let ChordZ off the hook, but is a pretty good sign Cakewalk needs to look at it and see if they can figure out why it's not working right.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

If I setup the same thing and use Insert Piz Here's midiMonitor  synth as the destination for ChordZ output when you have a delay on ChordZ no MIDI is received by the midiMonitor synth.  Pretty much points to it being some sort of problem with Cakewalk and/or (maybe) ChordZ.  Not 100% sure you can tell who's at fault though.  Just because it works in another DAW (seems to work fine in Nuendo 10.3) doesn't completely let ChordZ off the hook, but is a pretty good sign Cakewalk needs to look at it and see if they can figure out why it's not working right.

@Matthew Sorrels

Yea same thought here.. The crazy thing is that it will play the delayed chords when its not  playing or recording in the transport and you can see the chords being triggered in the vst but will not make a sound when the transport is activated. This is why im leaning toward it being something in cakewalk that is not allowing this to work. Hopefully some one can assist hopefully its a bug that can be fixed..🤔

• Like 1