Sonivox Premier Collection - $49.99 upgrade if you own any piece

TheSteven

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/58-Inst-Bundle/2718-Premier-Collection-Upgrade
image.png.9edba91261d00b74533c5b96f3573b26.png

Plugin Boutique Exclusive

This is an upgrade to the Premier Collection for existing SONiVOX users. You must own at least one SONiVOX product. 

You will be asked to email your existing serial to our support so that SONiVOX can confirm it is valid. Once your status as a registered SONiVOX has been verified we will add your Premier Collection Bundle serial number to your account and notify you via e-mail.

You’re the composer / producer who can’t be limited. You can’t be restricted to a certain creative style or constrained by conventional artistic boundaries. You need it all—every inventive tool you can get your hands on.

Premier Collection by Sonivox is for you. This collection has it all... Every Orchestral instrument you can imagine, vibrant, lifelike piano, the full spectrum of dynamic percussion sounds, Hip Hop stylings and every electronic effect there is, including all the synth, grunge and grime you’ll ever need. It’s all here, perfectly organized, easy to use and ready to go.

0f4374aa83c745dfdef90a05c394809a-full.jp

Edited by TheSteven

Sonivox Premier Collection Includes these 19 instruments plgins:

• TimewARP 2600
  • Twist
  • Wobble

Orchestral Companion Instruments

• Orchestral Companion - Brass
  • Orchestral Companion - Strings
  • Orchestral Companion Woodwinds
  • Big Bang Cinematic Percussion
  • Eighty Eight Ensemble
  • Big Bang Universal Drums

SONiVOX Singles

•  Atsia Percussion
        Atsia Bass Drums
        Atsia Bells
  • Blue Jay Drums
  • Bright Electric Guitar
  • Classic Bass
  • FM Piano
  • Harmonica
  • Harpsichord
  •  Session Drums 1
         Silk Road - Stick Drums
  • Silk Road Percussion
         Silk Road - Stick Drums
         Silk Road - Frame Drums
  • Taylor Acoustic Guitar
Edited by TheSteven

I only have the percussion singles.

I haven't had a chance to actually use them in a project yet (nothing I'm currently working on needs that kind of percussion) but I did play around with them and  I thought they sounded good.
Really like Silk Road Percussion.  Atsia Percussion is nice too - main complaint (and it's not a big one) is that the instruments virtual keyboard gives no indication as to how the instrument is mapped. Most of the instruments are only mapped from C (middle C?) up to the next octave or 2.

10 years ago I'd probably have been jumping on this deal/bundle.  Not saying that the libraries are dated or lacking (or even that these have been out for 10 years) just that at this point I already have multiple overlaps with most of the content type that this bundle  contains.

Edited by TheSteven

I jumped on the bundle a couple of years ago for about $20 more than the current offer.

I thought the Orchestral Companion and Film Score instruments would make a good starter package, and it does do that. But I have other orchestral sample libraries now and don't really use the SONiVOX much anymore. The samples are very good, but the player interfaces didn't really click with me. They are all mono-timbral, so you need to insert an instance for every sound.

I still have the Singles installed, and there are a few unique sounds in those. Don't even get me started on Twist or Wobble. I will remain silent on them.

The TimewARP 2600 is a good emulation of the ARP 2600, but it needs an update, as the interface is quite small and not resizable.

There is one  cool thing about the Big Bang Cinematic Percussion, in that the included samples are in unlocked wav file format, so you can use them in other instruments. That is a plus because each Big Bang factory percussion preset has different percussion sounds mapped to the keys, so there is no drum map to reference what sound is where. You are better off mapping the sounds yourself in your sampler of choice. There are some excellent percussion samples included!

The rest of the sample libraries are locked to their respective plugins.

I would say that if you don't have any orchestral stuff yet, and just need a kick start, this is probably a no-brainer deal. But the interfaces are dated and don't seem to be getting much support or any updates, so be prepared to just use it as is. Don't expect them to be responding anytime soon to feature requests or with bug fixes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I don't a great orchestral/strings library. Only the VSCO free library. Should I go for this considering it has 3 orchestral companions, although I've heard mixed reviews of those, and especially that mod wheel doesn't work for these. My primary recordings are rock and metal. Also the 88 ensemble is in here. I've heard good review of that. I already have the addictive keys modern upright and the UVI grand model D. I know there are some other good libraries in there like Big Bang Percussion and Universal Drums. I have 4 of their singles plugins - Atsia Percussion, Blue Jay Drums (which I like), Session Drums and FM Piano. Would buying this make sense?

Edited by Ashay Arekar
Spell