Cakewalk crashes when stopping playback

Cakewalk just  started crashing whenever I stop playback or pause it, I can record and stop, and it will work right, but when just playing back it will stop responding for a while, and if I wait patiently, it comes back.

I tried updating to the most recent version to see if would solve the problem, but it remains and, has spread as far as I know, to all other projects I tried, even empty ones. Has anyone experienced this problem before?

-My system: Win 10 64 bits, 16 GB RAM, going trough a Focusrite 4i4

-Really haven't changed anything, only possible cause I see is Windows update

Tried a couple different setting changes, like raising buffer size and enabling read cache, but gave no different results, so I ended up doing a clean install, which also didn't fix the problem.

I'm really confortable with this DAW, but the way it is now, I can't really work on any project like this. Please help 😭

Edited by Alexandre Furtado

• 1 year later...

Same issue here, but a couple years in the future.🤔 If this issue was resolved in another forum I would be grateful if you'd point me in the right direction.  Thanks!

Win 10 64 bit 8 GB RAM Focusrite Clarett 8pre USB 

FYI - I have a career in community corrections. Making, recording, and mixing music is my passion but not my source of income. I say this for two reasons. First, to share that nothing I post is urgent. And second, to respectfully request that those who are impatient with"stupid" questions spare themselves the trouble by ignoring my posts. 

Jake