Symphonics Ai and Cake by Bandlab

Martyn Roach

I purchased the new Symphonics Ai synth and although it loads perfectly,  (using Kontact 6 latest) and plays the first preset, if I attempt to load another preset I get an Audio Drop Out (no1). Ive experimented with altering audio samples, up to 1024, Ive made sure I have the latest drivers for my Scarlett 2i2, but I have drawn a blank. The plug in works fine through Kontact as a standalone, but refuses in Cakewalk.  Although Ive used Cake and Sonar for over twenty years Ive never encountered something so bloody stubborn!😃 I wondered if the initialisation settings in Cake maybe want tweaking, (I am not an expert at all) . Can anybody give me any welcome tips. Ive just upgraded my PC to 2tb SSD , i5 processor, new graphics card and 32gb ram. Other than this issue with the Symphonics synth, Cake runs beautifully without any issues at all.

Thanks in anticipation#

Martyn, Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire UK

It might be that your samples are very large and can’t be loaded within the time frame specified by CbB. Got to Edit > Preferences > Audio > Configuration File – Properties and increase the parameter value DropoutMsec until the drop-out message hopefully disappears. I have increased my value from default 250 ms to 1500 ms to be able to load some large Kontakt library presets.

• Like 1