``Joyriding´´

Paul Bush

Hi Paul . . . it's a great song with no obvious chorus, through composed, as it's all about how the lyrics unfold and passion builds . . . and there's that great build up at 2:17 that really won me over !

As the song goes along the harmonies really start to fill things out, I think they are well blended and quite well done. Myself, I prefer more low boom in the kick drum, which really stands out in the early parts when things are more sparse. Had a few listens on speakers and headphones and overall it's very well performed and recorded. You would do well to crop or resample the image smaller a bit for Soundcloud (to see the car going over the cliff) . . . when I went to listen on Soundcloud and saw the whole image, it gave me more of a chuckle.

Hey, I guess you were more comfortable when the Bush's were in the driver's seat ?

Edited by noynekker

Thanks chaps for the really nice comments , and yes HS as i was writing the first to second verse I thought Uhmm that sopunds a bit ``squeezy´´ and it spurned me on to write in that vain so you`re  right on  the money there , I even got a thumbs up for the piano parts , not bad for a guitarist I thought ,its all a bit thumping keys with boxing gloves on type of  style from me but if it works then dont fix it once again thanks for taking the time to comment cheers paul

Hi t, yes I ran out of steam towards the end I should have added another eight barres and then slowly  faded out   ; i try to keep within the 3:30 time limit which is silly  really ,although there´s nothing worse than a song dragging for too long of which i am also previuosly  gulity  of  , cheers Pb

Edited by Paul Bush
  • Like 1