It's not me, but does the Cakewalk Forum attract troll-asses?

Starship Krupa

I mean, what's up with those people who show up and just b1tch and whine about how Cakewalk isn't a professional DAW or R3AP3R is so much better or whatever? I've got a couple of them on my ignore list.

Is it like gang members tagging other gangs' turf or something? Or is it just the usual troll attention-seeking disorder?

it's probably the same people that are hitting the thumb's down button on YouTube videos and hanging around in chat of live streams simply to say how crap it is instead of going to watch something else

fwiw, the same is happening on the reaper forum... first posters ranting on at how bad reaper is

so just trolls in general, in my opinion

• Like 1

Well I guess if it's not Trolls it's

pAp8tNI.jpg

z7dIYhP.jpg

Bdyn57D.jpg

At least you can often get a bit of a laugh out of Trolls, where as the others can be straight out sickening.

I've got a couple of them on my ignore list.

You go girl 👍I'm sure they are quaking in their boots and suffering major bouts of depression contemplating what they are missing.

You should have been around during the old Forums life time, and not just the dying throws, in comparison anything that happens here ain't notin'

Lighten up, you'll live longer, it's only software, no one is insulting your mom or pissing in your tea.

Edited by Conjugal Visits

You definitely didn't want to be around the FIRST Coffee House forum!  It got so bad that it had to be shut down...  The one we call the "old" forum is actually the second go-around.

Unfortunately, wherever you go, there will be kids posting from their mother's basements and disgruntled 45-year old virgins who believe their (provided to them) opinions are the only ones that are valid.

Perhaps they need to go listen to that rap duo Dunning & Kruger! 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, craigb said:

wherever you go, there will be kids posting from their mother's basements and disgruntled 45-year old virgins who believe their (provided to them) opinions are the only ones that are valid.

And the adorably fearsome Internet Tough Guys! I want to just take them out for a burrito and tell them that my dad was distant, too.😪

I kick the hornet's nest from time to time myself, so I've attracted my share of h8trZ. I tend to do it by being contrary or questioning to group assumptions, but it's not to get attention. Sometimes I get schooled, and I welcome that.

The thread about DAW's sounding alike was a BIG learning experience, the pushback and history lessons caused me to research it deeper and even try the experiment myself (and I was correct, at least in the case of CbB vs. Mixcraft). Mea culpa, it was done to death in the past (on another forum), but after 2 1/2 years, I'm still a n00b. I haven't seen those old threads.

All I was really doing with this one was putting content into a parody thread. I don't actually care about DAW trolls. I'll troll back if I'm in the mood. Plonking works fine if they're persistent. All the DAW's that are out there are great at what they do. We're incredibly fortunate to have so many of these tools for what is really, dirt cheap. I found the receipt for my Yamaha cassette 4-track the other day. $600 in 1987 dollars, $1400 in 2020 dollars. How many top-notch DAW's would $1400 buy me today? Off the top of my head, I could have Ableton Live!, Studio One, REAPER, Waveform, FL Studio, Mixbus, Cakewalk, Mixcraft, I'd be like mini- @Bapu.

This is really one of the best and most helpful forums I've ever participated in. I was unfortunate in joining the old one only after the traumas had caused so many people to leave or become (justifiably) bitter and suspicious. I think it's cool that there are people who participate in the Coffee House who don't even use Cakewalk anymore, but come to hang with their old buddies.