MIDI Plugins | Velocity bug

CDK

Lately I've encountered one of the most frustrating bugs I've ever experienced with Cakewalk.

If I select a group of notes (either in Staff view or Piano Roll view) and apply the MIDI Plugins | Uncategorized | Velocity plugin to raise or lower the velocities say by -10 or +10 (the number doesn't matter), each event I have selected will be doubled and the velocity will remain unchanged. The only way to resolve it seems to be to quit and restart the program which frankly I don't have time for anymore. It's not a guaranteed fix anyway. Sometimes I quit, restart and the problem remains.

It happens with every update and has become so disruptive to my workflow I'm considering abandoning Cakewalk for good and switching to another DAW. 

Anyone else experienced this?

Screenshot 2020-08-30 13.57.55.png

Edited by CDK

18 hours ago, msmcleod said:

I've tried to reproduce with various settings and cannot reproduce this issue.

Can you post a more detailed recipe, i.e. exactly what steps did you perform for this to happen?

I did exactly as I said in my post. If I select a group of notes (either in Staff view or Piano Roll view) and apply the MIDI Plugins | Uncategorized | Velocity plugin to raise or lower the velocities say by -10 or +10 (the number doesn't matter), each event I have selected will be doubled and the velocity will remain unchanged. The only way to resolve it seems to be to quit and restart the program which frankly I don't have time for anymore. It's not a guaranteed fix anyway. Sometimes I quit, restart and the problem remains.

• 1 year later...