Keyboard shortcut to raise & lower volume/velocity?

GreenLight

Hi all!

It is not currently possible to bind keyboard shortcuts for raising/lowering volume or velocity, right?

I don't think it is... but I just realized it would be awesome! A bit like the nudging keys, but for volume (audio tracks) or velocity (midi tracks). Less mouse use is always nice.

HI:)

@GreenLight

I attached you a few CAL Scripts. Copy them to ..\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk core\Cal Scripts and bind Shortcuts to them:

The meaning of the Cals is the File Name!

I bound for example Velocity -+ 1 to CTRL-(+/-) and +-3 to CTRL+SHIFT (+/-), cause + and - on the NUM Pad is Note Up/Down in Cakewalk.

Feel free to use the others;)

I do use them very often....

I have Shortcuts for raising and lower the Gain too but this needs "Autohotkey" or AZController if you use a Midi Controller, I attached this too.

For Controller I should know the CCs...

Greetz;)

Bassman.

Note_Length_+10.cal Note_Length_-10.cal Note_Length.cal Transpose -12.cal Transpose +12.cal Velocity +3.cal Velocity -3.cal Velocity -1.cal Velocity +1.cal Gain-Sonar.ahk

Edited by Heinz Hupfer
  • Like 2

Wow, cool! Thanks a lot! :D

Just tried the velocity scripts (they raise/lower the velocity of selected midi notes). Your suggested shortcut with CTRL and +/- is superb! Thanks!

While these are very useful, what I was after originally is a way to adjust channel velocity or channel volume using the keyboard. Maybe that's not possible using CAL?

Edited by GreenLight
Updated with test results :)

For MIDI tracks, I refer to the "Vel+" parameter, which offsets the velocity for the entire MIDI track (track 26 in the screenshot below).

For audio tracks, I refer to the "Volume" parameter, which of course is the main volume for the audio track (track 27 below).

image.png.6566ff540464e959ed7ff80e536c712f.png

I mainly use those two parameters when mixing, so being able to use the keyboard for those would be amazing... 😃

Hi😊

If you have a MIDI Controller no problem!

With PC Keyboard you can install  Virtual MIDI Driver like LoopBe and use Cakewalk Virtual Keyboard with AZController Software. I can make a small Description how to install and use it. 
MIDI Controller or Keyboard  is much more simpler😉

Bassman

P.S. Another possibility is to use a PC Keyboard to MIDI Driver in conjunction with AZController!

Edited by Heinz Hupfer

HI:)

@Max Arwood

F4 is the shortcut to open the gain window, you have to set it in the shortcut menu or change "send {F4} to any other!  target_Path is the path where you want to copy the last "MaxCopy" 5 Directories. In my Script I set it to 10 and the targets as you can see, 1 to my backup drive and 1 to the cloud.

@GreenLight

Sorry, but Vel+ and Volume can only be changed with a Controller Rotor, not with a button. 

With CAL you can only set an offset +- to the selected Track, I'm not really sure if you want that:)

Volume can only be set to a specific value with CAL. So with 2 Rotors it is possible to change that by controller and AZController. 

No way found to change this by buttons +-

BUT: You can set the Fokus of the selected Track to the VEL+ Parameter and then change it with "+" and "-" --> select the next/previous track.

Same with Volume!

I have to look, but I think it is not possible with AZController to set the Fokus to these parameters......?

EDIT: With Button you can open a small window and type in the value of Vel+ and Volume! If you want that I can make a preset for AZController.

Bassman.

From CAL Manual:

================================================

(TrackVel+ [<amount> [<track>]])
This function sets an offset (Vel+) to the velocity of every note in a ‘track’.
‘amount’ must be between -127..127.
(TrackVolume [<volume> [<track>]])
This function sets the ‘track’ volume.
‘volume’ must be between -1..127
===============================================

Edited by Heinz Hupfer