Midi channel select not displayed in track view.

Steve Harder

Question

I've searched and googled and haven't hit the answer.  I've changed a config somewhere.

Here I have a TTS-16 , a instrument with 16 inputs inserted in a simple instrument track.

And I have a Midi track selected.

Previously, in the Track View (to the right of the green divider), in the area just below the output selection tab (which current reads &CkwlkT...), I would have another selection tab that would let me select from the 16 midi channels.  That allowed me to assign instrument and channel in the same location. 

Yes, I can select the Instrument channel in the midi tab to the left using the topmost of the the 3 "None" selectors.  But how have I made the Channel selection disappear in the right hand Track view display?  

image.png.5b0ea41b97bc3d4c8c4e7bd364965109.png

6 answers to this question

My workspace is selected as Advanced.  And within the Workspace Manager literally every checkbox is checked.  I tried applying a couple of the other workspaces but no change.

Thinking back, this change might have happened when I updated to the 2020.08 but it's more likely something I've inadvertently changed.  I had been working existing projects, so didn't really notice this until I started a couple of new ones and was Inserting new instruments.

The image in my first post is Track Control drop down. It is the drop down to the right of the Add Track and Duplicate track buttons above the track headers and below the track view menus.

When the workspace menu is set to None the keyboard shortcuts SHIFT+left or right arrow step through its settings.

THANK YOU!

Track Control drop down was set to Custom.

And it's likely that the Shift + left or right arrow shortcuts were where I stumbled.  I use left right arrow for a number of things and probably just threw a press of the Shift key into the mix, probably "Shift-ed" when I should have "Alt-ed", or whatever.

And I now have another small world to explore in the Track Control Manager.

The devil is always in the details.

Thanks once again for taking the time to guide me to the solution.  I always try to google and search first, but this time I couldn't come up with the correct search terms to get me my answer, so discuss.cakewalk came thru again.