Enable Workspace Manager With Empty Project

Jim Fogle

The Workspace Manager includes a description text box that describes all six factory Workspaces and is available for use to describe user Workspaces.  Workspaces can also be selected any time after the Cakewalk by BandLab program opens, including before a project opens.  In fact a Workspace can change what modules are displayed on the control bar before a project is open.

However the Workspace Manager selection is not available until a project is opened.  This prevents users from reading descriptive text until a project is open.

I would like for the Workspace Manager, and it's description box, to be available anytime a Workspace can be selected; in other words for the selection to always be available.

Clipboard44

Clipboard43

Clipboard42

• 1 month later...

Hey Jim Howzit?

Why don't you create them as templates with the correspondent workspace? I got the idea from my "Empty Project" template I had created with only a Master bus and my personal settings I like. 

So when you want a specific "Workspace" you open them with the saved template. This way you have the option to move around with your templates and desired workspace if it's needed in a different studio environment other than you're own. 

16 hours ago, Jim Fogle said:

Will,

My intent is not to manage the Workspaces before a project opens.  My primary intent is to have access to the Workspace text descriptions so I can read them before I open a project template.

Thought that's how it saved too. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo