Drop Outs w all tracks bounced

Mo Jonez

Yes, of course.  Win 7 64 bit (yes, I know, upgrading soon).  Intel core i5 3.2Hz. 6 Gb RAM.  Sonar X2 (yes, I know, upgrading soon also)

Sonar main app and plugins installed on C drive.  Project and audio files running on F drive (second large internal hard drive).

Have had the occasional dropouts before, but mostly ASIO driver/buffer related or running too many synths at same time.  In this case nothing is running, all bounced to audio tracks.  Also running AVG virus but is turned off when I run Sonar.

30 minutes ago, Squonk said:

Can you elaborate on "real-time" bounce?  I did a fast bounce.

Where you don't do a fast bounce. In other words, if a song takes 2:30, then the bounce process will take 2:30. and the song will play through (and you'll be able to hear the sound during the bounce if you want). Might be worth a try and see if you still have the same problem.

• Like 1

I think I finally figured it out.  Sort of related to Sreams comment.  After investigating the project files some more noticed some of the audio files for the project were being saved on my C drive, but sonar and related other project files reside on my F drive (second internal drive).  Once I moved the audio files to the F drive and deleted those on the C drive things seem to be working again with no dropouts.  Guessing the delay in reading between the two drives was causing the dropout.

Thank you all for the great suggestions, all were helpful. This forum is the bomb!