Possible a bug (Reduced Mixdown Volume Automatically) in August 2020 release

Dd

First, thank you all of you for this great DAW. It's fun to work on: The stock VSTs are good and also the DAW allows to use other commercial/free VSTs.

Second, I would like to report a discrepancy which I experienced recently with the latest release, August 2020. Hope you have time to look into it. When I exported a mixdown in order to burn into a CD, it appears that the mixdown was somehow reduced its volume automatically and was only detectable when listen from the CD/headphone. During the mixing stage, the volume was fine via a monitored headphone and that volume was expected at the mixdown, but it was not. Did not have this problem in earlier releases.

Wish all healthy and stay safe.

Regards.

DL

quick check - all inputs and outputs set to be in approx same listening volume? i.e. if you were to play pink noise in CwB and the playback software you're using, are they the same apparent level?

as a note - it's always good to make sure all the playback software (CwB, Media Player, QT, etc etc) are all outputting the same volume - get a -12db pink noise WAV and run it through all systems - if you have a sound level meter - use it - and make sure everything playing back has the equiv volume level. (i'd suggest going further with detailed gain staging and calibration etc but for now, a quick check may be all that's needed for now).

Pretty sure you didn't highlight every single track. 😅

10  years later and i'm still making this mistake. Drag every track from the number down to the last track. Don't just "Ctrl+A" make sure the numbers are highlighted too.