Existence is Suffering

Thomas Fort

Here is an old song of mine finally finished and brought up to today's technology. I have tons of old music that is mostly complete but that basically only exist as midi files in Cakewalk. In the past, that was essentially all I did was compose songs in midi using Cakewalk and playing back using a GM player, usually TTS-1 or a soundfont player. I now have many VSTI's to select from and my music now contains an assortment of these synths. I'm still struggling with getting things to sound correct once they've been uploaded to Soundcloud. I also am never very sure of what genre my music is, so when in doubt, I choose "electronic." Hope you enjoy. All suggestions are appreciated and will be given consideration. Thanks.

• Like 4

Nice driving beat on this one but seems more upbeat than the title of the song would suggest. You have a good handle on using synths. I'm going to guess Z3TA+ is in there. The part that sounded like a meowing cat came across to me as a bit too cute.

I have a bunch of old Cakewalk midi files too. Wish I had saved the tracks as audio files as well as midi but I didn't.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

... The part that sounded like a meowing cat came across to me as a bit too cute.

That's pretty good! The actual name of that patch is "delay kitty." As I was auditioning sounds that one made me laugh and I didn't take it seriously. But after playing it back a few times, it sort of grew on me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Enjoyed it. Especially like when that deep low part comes in. It sounds great over here. Sounds balanced and clear. If I were going to change anything about it, I would add a few more instruments for the forefront higher riffs, like keep the same riff but use a different instrument to play it now and then or the same voice transposed one way or another, or drop it way back in volume and just have the reverb of it play, but its great as it is. 

• Like 1