garybrun

Just be With You

Recorded last night.
This is a rough test..  still needds bass adding and harmonies.
The harmonies added are just for guide which I created for the singer with Necter 3.

If anyone would like to have a go at the bass line... let me know.
Thoughts so far would be appreciated.
Many thanks as always,

Gary

Edited by garybrun

Man totally blown away by that tone. Its not overbearingly distorted but just enough (like a great AC DC tone).

Drums sound nice too.

Its amazing what slate drums and a waves plugin on straight guitar 🙂
Line 6 Pod and Its is a Les Paul double tracked then panned left and right.
Here you can see settings and buss.

pluggins.png

Edited by garybrun

Had a feeling it could be a POD. Bob Oister uses one and I love the tone they have.

I have to admit, I am not a big a fan of  Line 6. I don't like many of their amps, but I am a fan of the original POD tones.

I had a Line 6 POD 2.0 back in the day and tweaking the Mesa Boogie triple rectifier preset was perfect for tape.

3 minutes ago, Chuck E Baby said:

Had a feeling it could be a POD. Bob Oister uses one and I love the tone they have.

I have to admit, I am not a big a fan of  Line 6. I don't like many of their amps, but I am a fan of the original POD tones.

I had a Line 6 POD 2.0 back in the day and tweaking the Mesa Boogie triple rectifier preset was perfect for tape.

I use them for ideas.
I also have the Valleta II amp they made.
My pain amp is a Fender Deluxe Reverb which has been modded with original 1960's tubes and a little studio mod.
Im not really a electric guitar player... my son is though.

The groove on this made me smile from the get go Gary, nice tones, mix sounds reasonably balanced here.

4 hours ago, Wookiee said:

The groove on this made me smile from the get go Gary, nice tones, mix sounds reasonably balanced here.

Thanks mate.

Hi, Gary,

You've got a really great start on this very cool rocker!👍

Excellent guitar tones, great vocals and harmonies, and a nice clean, modern sounding mix.  Can't wait to hear it when it's finished!

That POD has some cool sounds and effects in it.  A guitar player in one of my old cover bands used one on stage through a stand alone power amp and 2x12 Avatar speaker modeling cabinet for a while, and it sounded great.

As per what Chuck mentioned, I actually never owned a POD, but I do use a Line 6 Toneport UX2 with POD Farm 2.59 and all the extension packs for almost all of my recording, and I have a couple of Line 6 stage amps and a Line 6 Variax guitar along with the Variax Workbench interface and software, so you can definitely call me a Line 6 fan!😀

Anyway, great job on this so far, I'm looking forward to hearing it when it's done!

Have a great weekend!
Bob

I like this style much better than Kråkstad. Sounds really good. Nice guitar sounds. It's gong to be sweet to get some bass on there.

Gosh, that's good. Guitars are special but I found the drum choices equally cool. The ride hits the right spots perfectly. I'd try some bass if I could find it in this mess!

cheers,

-Tom