Honey on the Beach

Bajan Blue

Well,  we are still in Lockdown here in Cape Town, and we have also had some awful weather, so the last video we were doing from our 2017 album has been delayed a bit. So I was just looking at some old stuff we had done and thought I would just post this video - one of our first videos from about 12 years ago - have to say I was really surprised at how bad the "technical" quality was  - looks very grainy - things on this front have really improved - but anyway the music still sounds OK I think - hope you enjoy it

Cheers

Nigel

PS - you might have to turn the volume on as this is hosted on our website and sometimes the volume is muted

https://www.devinelie.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/honey_on_the_beach.mp4

• Like 1

On 8/29/2020 at 10:36 PM, bjornpdx said:

Ooooh, there's music on the video too.   ☺️
All the background sounds that accompanies the vocalist really sets a pleasant laid back mood. Didn't notice any obvious quality problems with the video.

Ah, yes the video may be a little poor technically, but still quite good to watch   😄 

Thanks for taking the time to have a watch

Cheers

Nigel

On 8/31/2020 at 12:37 PM, Douglas Kirby said:

Hi Nigel - like I've said before about your songs - they sound radio-ready.  I enjoyed this one as well - did you sing the lead vocal on this?

I enjoyed the video as well - Ursula Andress was a good looking lady back in the day.

Hi Douglas -   No I don't sing...thankfully!!

This is our previous vocalist Dave -i always liked his voice for these sort of tracks

Thanks for the listen

Nigel

On 8/31/2020 at 3:16 PM, thegaltieribrothers said:

Hi Nigel,

A video that's easy on the eye and a song that's easy on the ears what more could you want.

Thanks for sharing.

Good Job!

regards

paul

Hi Paul

Thanks for the great comments - thanks

Nigel

On 9/1/2020 at 6:11 AM, David Sprouse said:

so epic.  Loved the wide sound stage.   Do you play all the instruments Nigel?

Hi David

Wow thanks for that - yes I do play all the instruments, but I don't sing!!

Cheers

Nigel

On 9/1/2020 at 3:20 PM, Hidden Symmetry said:

Good tune, enjoyed it.

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it

Nigel

On 9/1/2020 at 3:50 PM, Wookiee said:

Very Aja vibe and groove on this Nigel, nice stuff I must say well worth a :) 

Thanks Wookie - your comments always appreciated

Cheers

Nigel

Think I mentioned sexy bikinis in another thread, oh the days back on Main Street in Seal Beach.

A bit more "popy" than Devine Lie (not a crit, just an observation) to my ears.

As always, top shelf in every way Nigel.

👍's

t

its the fifth of Sept and I'm just getting to Aug 29th?
I gotta start pedaling faster, it is raining a bit this morning, maybe I'll have a bit of time today,,,

18 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Think I mentioned sexy bikinis in another thread, oh the days back on Main Street in Seal Beach.

A bit more "popy" than Devine Lie (not a crit, just an observation) to my ears.

As always, top shelf in every way Nigel.

👍's

t

its the fifth of Sept and I'm just getting to Aug 29th?
I gotta start pedaling faster, it is raining a bit this morning, maybe I'll have a bit of time today,,,

Hi tom

we all seem to be peddling a lost faster these days but keep going backwards instead of forwards!! i can't work out if its all the garbage in the world we have to tolerate these days, or if its because we are just getting older, sorry more mature!!

You are right, some of our older stuff with Dave singing did tend to be a bit more poppy, well that was until we went all sort of dark and mysterious, but that's another story!!

keep well

Nigel

• Like 2

On 9/5/2020 at 9:56 PM, jwnicholson78 said:

I couldn't concentrate on the music until I turned my monitor off.   :)  Once I did, I really enjoyed the song.  Loved the chord changes.

😁😁 - just think how distracting it could have been in high definition!!!!!

Thanks for the listen and the comments, really appreciated

Cheers

Nigel