Arturia - 3 mod FX you will (!) actually use

simon

On 8/30/2020 at 2:33 PM, RSMcGuitar said:

It's $199usd for me. Too rich for my blood at the moment.

I picked up the 3 pack bundle. hoping this results in a further bundle discount on FX down the road. I recommended on another forum, Arturia should maybe consider a 3 pack mix and match deal. That way people pickup only the ones they want.

• Like 1

Well. I couldn't help myself, and I'm 49 smackers poorer. 

41 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

I picked up the 3 pack bundle. hoping this results in a further bundle discount on FX down the road. 

I hope you're right, but evidence so far suggests otherwise. Upgrade/crossgrade offers haven't been great for owners of individual FX or packs. Seems like Arturia, in step with other companies, is focused more on trying to get new customers on board when it comes to their newest releases. It's not even clear when/if discounts down the road will match the launch price (see Pigments 2); it's inevitable that they will at some point, but it might be a long wait. 

In other words, if someone likes/needs multiple plugins from the FX collection, the smart money says grab them now. I decided that I'm more interested in the modulation pack than any other pack, so I can live without the full FX collection. I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if buying the modulation pack turns out to be a cheaper way to get the full collection. 

Edited by fitzroy

1 hour ago, fitzroy said:

Well. I couldn't help myself, and I'm 49 smackers poorer. 

I hope you're right, but evidence so far suggests otherwise. Upgrade/crossgrade offers haven't been great for owners of individual FX or packs. Seems like Arturia, in step with other companies, is focused more on trying to get new customers on board when it comes to their newest releases. It's not even clear when/if discounts down the road will match the launch price (see Pigments 2); it's inevitable that they will at some point, but it might be a long wait. 

In other words, if someone likes/needs multiple plugins from the FX collection, the smart money says grab them now. I decided that I'm more interested in the modulation pack than any other pack, so I can live without the full FX collection. I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if buying the modulation pack turns out to be a cheaper way to get the full collection. 

I was going to get the FX collection deal at $199. This would sort of translate to about 4 x $49 per 3 pack more or less. Works out to around $11 per effect. Except that I don't really want, or think I need, to get things like filters or pre-amps but am forced to get it in that deal.

I am hoping in 2020/21 Arturia come out with either more varied $49 for 3 pack on delays or what not, or even better, a $99 upgrade price on Black Friday for existing owners of modulations. That would work out to $8 per effect more or less. Maybe a little more swallowable. Wishful thinking but we shall see.

• Great Idea 1