Arturia - 3 mod FX you will (!) actually use

simon

2 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Thing is, unless I'm blind, they only seem to offer the 3 pack when they first come out. Now they're only available separately. Like, I'm not seeing a 3 reverbs bundle

you're not blind - they've rolled all these into the FX collection...you can still buy individually but makes zero sense IMO

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Was kinda hoping I could work my way there without having to go for singles.

what's your upgrade price to the full collection when you log in ?  I paid 199 euros when it came out ...plus another 49 euro to add the 3 new ones....

3 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Thing is, unless I'm blind, they only seem to offer the 3 pack when they first come out. Now they're only available separately. Like, I'm not seeing a 3 reverbs bundle

I think the "3" offering is a limited time intro deal....then they become separate, or part of the FX Collection...

• Like 1

On 8/28/2020 at 4:18 PM, Mesh said:

Simon, can you test this with your guitar and post back your thoughts?

I already have this in the cart and it's ready to roll.  :)

a weekend is a long time in the topsy-turvy world of the Deals Forum - and I know you've already bought this.

I think we all agree that the Dimension D is amazing - loving it on stereo acoustic guitar - just sweetens them up.

The Mu-tron is pre pretty good too - better than the audiodamage one, which was the other clone I had- more options and a better FX.  Great on bass (put on your star-shaped glasses and funk off).  Lots of great pedal control options too.

Haven't really played with the flanger much yet...but it did make me dig out my old MXR 126 and power it up to see if it still works...it does.

Very happy with that purchase :)

How are you feeling about it ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, simon said:

a weekend is a long time in the topsy-turvy world of the Deals Forum - and I know you've already bought this.

I think we all agree that the Dimension D is amazing - loving it on stereo acoustic guitar - just sweetens them up.

The Mu-tron is pre pretty good too - better than the audiodamage one, which was the other clone I had- more options and a better FX.  Great on bass (put on your star-shaped glasses and funk off).  Lots of great pedal control options too.

Haven't really played with the flanger much yet...but it did make me dig out my old MXR 126 and power it up to see if it still works...it does.

Very happy with that purchase :)

How are you feeling about it ?

I've been working on a track that had a bunch of chorus pedals on it and replaced all with Dimension D....very, very  happy with that fx. I want to test it on my nylon acoustic/electric as well.  I used the Mu-tron  on another guitar track and  had to dial it down a bit to taste....happy with the results on this as well. I also haven't used the flanger much. Of note, just the general settings on the phaser and flanger were a bit over the top and had to dial those down (I like subtle, not overpowering). :)

Great idea to use the Mu-tron on bass!! Love me some funk!!

Overall, I'm also very pleased with these fx's and can see myself using them regularly, (especially Dimension).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, fitzroy said:

Interesting how Arturia's sale overlaps with Kaleidoscopes being released. I've been trying to find a video where they're demo-ed against each other (just for the sound of the individual effects). No luck so far. 

No more so than you and your neighbor's wife eating breakfast in the morning at close to the same time.  That you both do so doesn't mean you're colluding to off her husband.  or does it?

52 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

No more so than you and your neighbor's wife eating breakfast in the morning at close to the same time.  That you both do so doesn't mean you're colluding to off her husband.  or does it?

Indeed, correlation does not imply causation.

Validating the truth value of the previous statement, however, does not make correlation any less interesting.  

degr2.jpg.a2ba9215711b72ae5e4fc004939c5372.jpg

I'll very likely get Kaleidoscopes at some point, in one of the Waves multi-plugin deals. It's inevitable. They've spammed me so hard for months now, there's probably a small, but measurable voltage difference in my brain by now. I thought that would settle it, but I demo-ed Dimension-D  earlier today. I shouldn't have. It's one beautiful, sweet sounding chorus. I was thinking I might not be that impressed, since I demo-ed their spring reverb before and didn't think much of it (I much prefer Eventide's Spring). But Dimension D is NICE. Thanks, Arturia! 

angry.jpg.9a137d902f9006c9e4ebba059d716c30.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mibby said:

Has anyone compared to the FREE Blue Cat plugins? I've got a few Chorus FX, but that one is my go-to...

I like the free Blue Cat plugin pack. Also the free TAL chorus. Dimension D has more 'color', I guess in line with the hardware it's based on. So maybe less flexible, but a really nice, smooth, analog color. Demo it, you'll probably like it.