Arturia - 3 mod FX you will (!) actually use

simon

Well could not resist - just purchased and have been having a little play - they are good, but the Chorus Dimension is worth the money on its own!!! I've used the UAD version for years - i've just done an A/B test with the UAD and the extra control you can get with the Arturia is just fabulous - so,  same luscious richness you can achieve with the UAD but then lots and lots more luscious richness - I just love this and will definitely use it a great deal - the other two will get use I expect, but for me the Chorus Dimension is well worth the $49 - in fact to me I'd pay more than that just to have the Chorus Dimension on its own!!!!

Nigel

\

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

19 hours ago, cclarry said:

You'd think there would be a good price for FX Collection Owners...or that it would be added FREE 
(hey, one can dream!)

Arturia upgrade pricing always leaves something to be desired. As far as I know, they never offered the 'good' price ($99) to upgrade from (synth) Collection 6 to Collection 7, and even that'd be debatable given what's in 7. Similarly, I bought "3 filters..." and "3 delays..." when they were released, but they never offered an acceptable deal to go from those to FX Collection. (Admittedly, the only part of FXC I'd have wanted was the reverbs. Compressors,  I'm drowning in, and preamps... too cork-sniffery for my needs. So that lowers the relative value of same quite a bit from my perspective.) 

Still, I'd have thrown money at them if they'd made me a deal.

• Like 3

I upgraded in nov of last year from v6 to v7 for $99.  I felt that was a fair upgrade price. I did have to wait a long time for that discount though.  I don’t know if it has been offered since. Eventide plug-in intro cost is usually $39 so 3x plugins for $49 is a pretty good deal (assuming you qualify for discount).  If you have nks you can control them from within komplete kontrol which is nice.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, John Bradley said:

Arturia upgrade pricing always leaves something to be desired. As far as I know, they never offered the 'good' price ($99) to upgrade from (synth) Collection 6 to Collection 7, and even that'd be debatable given what's in 7. Similarly, I bought "3 filters..." and "3 delays..." when they were released, but they never offered an acceptable deal to go from those to FX Collection. (Admittedly, the only part of FXC I'd have wanted was the reverbs. Compressors,  I'm drowning in, and preamps... too cork-sniffery for my needs. So that lowers the relative value of same quite a bit from my perspective.) 

Still, I'd have thrown money at them if they'd made me a deal.

yeah, this is why i seem to think this seems like a really good deal for people that don't own any of the FX Collection.

BTW.. what does cork sniferry mean? Snobby? Why do you think preamp VSTs are snobby? You think its something that would never get used? I saw some vids on their YT site. It looks appealing.

Noob question. Can anyone comment, what would you normally use the different preamps, commpressions  and filters on? A individual bus or master bus?

Edited by telecode 101

Noob question. Can anyone comment, what would you normally use the different preamps, commpressions  and filters on? A individual bus or master bus?

I use their pre amps on tracks - depends on what the track is, synth for instance, but say I've recorded a "real" synth and it doesn't quite have enough thickness, but sounds good, i put a pre amp on first, then I always use their compressors now (mainly the FET 76) then whatever else effects wise

I do use the FET 76 on buses when needed - perhaps I've doubled tracked a guitar, it helps to gel them together.

Nigel

• Like 4

2 hours ago, simon said:

clue is in the title of this thread ;) 

The title refers to the 3 Modulations FX, then there's the  FX Collection, then there's the combination of the two, then there are three different prices for the 3 Modulations FX, and two different prices for the combination of the two.  Add to that my lack of familiarity with Arturia's products, and I was just checking to see if the "new ones" were in fact the 3 Modulations FX or rather something else they just released.  But you knew all that, right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, locrian said:

The title refers to the 3 Modulations FX, then there's the  FX Collection, then there's the combination of the two, then there are three different prices for the 3 Modulations FX, and two different prices for the combination of the two.  Add to that my lack of familiarity with Arturia's products, and I was just checking to see if the "new ones" were in fact the 3 Modulations FX or rather something else they just released.  But you knew all that, right?

sorry, @locrian was just being facetious :)  why these just weren't added to the FX collection and called  FX collection V2 is a mystery to everyone.   Now we have several different product groups to try to update - total pain but hey they are great sounding plugins ..... even if their product lines are over complicated

• Like 1

5 hours ago, simon said:

sorry, @locrian was just being facetious :)  why these just weren't added to the FX collection and called  FX collection V2 is a mystery to everyone.   Now we have several different product groups to try to update - total pain but hey they are great sounding plugins ..... even if their product lines are over complicated

We're good. Cheers...

15 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Well could not resist - just purchased and have been having a little play - they are good, but the Chorus Dimension is worth the money on its own!!! I've used the UAD version for years - i've just done an A/B test with the UAD and the extra control you can get with the Arturia is just fabulous - so,  same luscious richness you can achieve with the UAD but then lots and lots more luscious richness - I just love this and will definitely use it a great deal - the other two will get use I expect, but for me the Chorus Dimension is well worth the $49 - in fact to me I'd pay more than that just to have the Chorus Dimension on its own!!!!

Nigel

\

Absolutely agree Nigel!

"Luscious richness" is exactly what Chorus Dimension is all about and was an immediate purchase. I have quite a few chorus plugins and IMO, this one is just top notch. Arturia did a great job on this.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Mesh said:

Absolutely agree Nigel!

"Luscious richness" is exactly what Chorus Dimension is all about and was an immediate purchase. I have quite a few chorus plugins and IMO, this one is just top notch. Arturia did a great job on this.

I'm just wondering why Arturia didn't add a tempo sync control (i.e. a knob that lets you sync oscillations per bar like 1/4, 1/2, 1, 2, 4), to me that seems like a glaring omission.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 2

Hi, so I demoed the 3 new Arturia FX last night. I tested them with electric guitar and compared the sounds i got with the new NI FX Choral and Phaser that I downloaded not that long any but hadn't had a chance to try them out. I also compared with whats in Amplitube and chorus in Fulltone collection and the JC-120. Not sure if this is a valid or correct way to demoing , but I sort of tested it out based on how i would mostly use these if i got them.  To my ears, the Arturia effects have a very old school vintage retro sound. Sort of reminds me of  sounds on old 70s records. It's defiantly unique and different than what you get in the chorus effects in the other products. NI's effects  in comparison are much more modern and in your face sounding. Am still tinkering around with Arturai effects to see if I will get them or not.

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 2

On 8/29/2020 at 2:29 AM, simon said:

yes ?  but what are you upgrading from > to ?

I just noticed when these newer ones came out they were in groups of three. I went looking for an update pay at one point but never found a way. For example, I have one reverb and wanted to upgrade to the three verbs but there was no way to do it.

7 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

I just noticed when these newer ones came out they were in groups of three. I went looking for an update pay at one point but never found a way. For example, I have one reverb and wanted to upgrade to the three verbs but there was no way to do it.

The price you see once you are logged in, if less than the retail price, is the "upgrade" price...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

just to add to what Larry said - if you have 1 reverb then the 'upgrade' price to these 3 mod FX is $49

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, cclarry said:

The price you see once you are logged in, if less than the retail price, is the "upgrade" price...

Thing is, unless I'm blind, they only seem to offer the 3 pack when they first come out. Now they're only available separately. Like, I'm not seeing a 3 reverbs bundle