Reason Rack Lite Plugin FREE from Waves

cclarry

11 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

That link just goes to the REASON LITE Page.

Whats the WAVES angle on this?

I have REASON INTRO which has the Reason plugin already that works inside Cakewalk etc

No angle...just a Freebie from Waves
(well the angle may be new customers for Reason - as always)

Edited by cclarry

2 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Sorry I meant WHAT IS IT? Is it a waves plugin for reason? 

Is a version of Reason 10, with less instruments and fx
you can use it as a vst

btw I am still waiting for my mail. I already have reason but I want to make an experiment :P

Edited by arnoldoo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, cclarry said:

No...it's the Reason Rack VST, which allows Reason Rack Extensions to run
inside any DAW.

Ok so ITS NOT a Waves product in fact ( not sure why Waves are involved ) .. It is the newish regular Reason rack VST that used to come with there paid products - Reason Full and Reason Intro - BUT now its FREE with the Free REASON LITE.

Is that it in a nutshell? Sorry it was teh WAVES thing that was throwing me

• Like 2

Just now, cclarry said:

If you want to use Reason Rack extensions in your DAW then it would be worth it...
Or just add it to the "virtual dust" collection!:D

Lol , i liked reason back then as a play ground for sound design , but i m mai ly wondering if the lite version enougth to have fun or it will be ssd waste ... until you get full , witch is the last thing i need right now ...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Ok so ITS NOT a Waves product in fact ( not sure why Waves are involved ) .. It is the newish regular Reason rack VST that used to come with there paid products - Reason Full and Reason Intro - BUT now its FREE with the Free REASON LITE.

Is that it in a nutshell? Sorry it was teh WAVES thing that was throwing me

BINGO!  Just something Waves is offering their customers for free...

1 minute ago, Zo said:

Lol , i liked reason back then as a play ground for sound design , but i m mai ly wondering if the lite version enougth to have fun or it will be ssd waste ... until you get full , witch is the last thing i need right now ...

As is case with INtro and Full reason .. with the rack plugin you need NEVER open or use Reason Lite. Just get it for the Rack plugin which allows you to use the REASON Plugins that come with Lite inside of your Cakewalk.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

That link just goes to the REASON LITE Page.

Whats the WAVES angle on this?

Reason Studios is giving away a Waves plugin (Waves H-Comp Hybrid Compressor) and in return Waves is giving away Reason lite. Cross promotion. Reason users are relatively new to the VST world and Waves VST users may be new to Reason. Plus both would benefit from future upgrades and expanded purchases.

Edited by Lemar Sain
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Zo said:

just for this 4 items, I would get it

Substractor, the old thug. worth it
Monotone is fun, has some depth
Stream 4 Distortion is pretty good
And the Reverb has some classic IR

btw Some awesome records have Substractor for the Sub Bass in EDM and Substractor + Stream 4 for 808 kind of fx.

Edited by arnoldoo
  • Like 1