Issue with piano roll

Slavik

Question

Hello!

I have an issue with piano roll... I lost plenty of time to find a solution of the problem and nothing...

When I play on my midi keyboard, piano roll vertical  keyboard doesn't display key I pressed... I would be appreciated to get any idea how to change that settings.

Many Thanks 

piano roll.png

Edited by Slavik

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Slavik said:

Hello!

I have an issue with piano roll... I lost plenty of time to find a solution of the problem and nothing...

When I play on my midi keyboard, piano roll vertical  keyboard doesn't display key I pressed... I would be appreciated to get any idea how to change that settings.

Many Thanks 

I tried it here in a MIDI track displaying the PRV and it works fine here. (The note(s) pressed darkens that note on the left hand side)

Just to confirm, are you using the latest version of Cakewalk by Bandlab (which is 2020.8 build 100)?

13 hours ago, Promidi said:

I tried it here in a MIDI track displaying the PRV and it works fine here. (The note(s) pressed darkens that note on the left hand side)

Just to confirm, are you using the latest version of Cakewalk by Bandlab (which is 2020.8 build 100)?

Yes, I have the latest version as you mentioned... I have two laptops with Cakewalk, one I use with full size keyboard, second for records, so One of them everything show fine, but second, as I said doesn't...

This thread reminds me of another one posted earlier this week (see below). Could it be that the code rendering pressed keys in the PRV being sent from a MIDI controller has been changed sometime in CbB? I compared the PRV in CbB (2020.08 build 100) to the last version of SONAR Platinum (2017.10). In the latter the piano key rendering in the PRV is displayed with light-grey keys as expected, but not so for me in CbB. Unless, of course, there is some display setting I’m not aware of. Having a Core i7-3770 with 32GB RAM and an AMD Radeon HD 7700.

3 hours ago, Canopus said:

This thread reminds me of another one posted earlier this week (see below). Could it be that the code rendering pressed keys in the PRV being sent from a MIDI controller has been changed sometime in CbB? I compared the PRV in CbB (2020.08 build 100) to the last version of SONAR Platinum (2017.10). In the latter the piano key rendering in the PRV is displayed with light-grey keys as expected, but not so for me in CbB. Unless, of course, there is some display setting I’m not aware of. Having a Core i7-3770 with 32GB RAM and an AMD Radeon HD 7700.

The same as this guy described! On the beginning after installation of Cakewalk all was fine, and only after I started to explore Cakewalk or changed some setting or installed VST or drivers of my keyboard I got it... I do suffer so much without this animation... It's helps a lot... Please, please help me...