Luxonix Purity VST on Cakewalk Sonar Platinum

Hello, I am new of using Cakewalk Sonar Platinum. Well so, My question about VST plugin called Luxonix Purity.  I haven't experienced this before, I don't have MIDI external controller yet.  How I can apply the instruments/presets/effects/etc from the Purity to MIDI file? Is there a procedure of it? Thanks!

I do not have Purity but expect the plug-in should have documentation concerning its operation.

As to how set up a MIDI file using plug-ins in general consider taking advantage of the automatic mapping built into Cakewalk.

• Make sure no MIDI output is selected in preferences.
  • Use File > Open to open a MIDI file.

This will cause Cakewalk to add TTS-1 to the project and set up all the instruments in the MIDI file.

At that point one can review how the synth is setup, play the file, change the instrument assignments and add new synths to the project to replace TTS-1.

If new synths are added to the file, make sure to save it as a Cakewalk project. Saving as a MIDI file does not retain non-MIDI data such as plug-in assignments.

4 hours ago, Raidraptor BM said:

Hello, I am new of using Cakewalk Sonar Platinum.

If you already have SONAR Platinum, Cakewalk by BandLab is a great way to get a free upgrade to it, so check it out. Cakewalk by BandLab came from the same code as SONAR, but has 2 1/2 years of bug fixes and feature additions.

It will install and coexist with SONAR Platinum and use all of its extra features as well.

On 8/27/2020 at 9:08 AM, scook said:

I do not have Purity but expect the plug-in should have documentation concerning its operation.

As to how set up a MIDI file using plug-ins in general consider taking advantage of the automatic mapping built into Cakewalk.

• Make sure no MIDI output is selected in preferences.
  • Use File > Open to open a MIDI file.

This will cause Cakewalk to add TTS-1 to the project and set up all the instruments in the MIDI file.

At that point one can review how the synth is setup, play the file, change the instrument assignments and add new synths to the project to replace TTS-1.

If new synths are added to the file, make sure to save it as a Cakewalk project. Saving as a MIDI file does not retain non-MIDI data such as plug-in assignments.

Well so, I mean, some applying effect. For example. I want to apply IFX to turn on or off. Does I need to input RPN/NRPN codes from Cakewalk Sonar to work? I'm a still noob. XD

Screenshot_5.png