Mono and Stereo Seperation

Will.

Hey team. 

I've been extremely busy lately, currently working on a project for radio. I was playing around the Mono and Stereo button, also creating my own stereo channel with two patch channel going into a third as a single channel. This give me the option to - not only create a stereo to mono field but it also acts as a width field, which sounds awesome. It's a method i use a lot. 

This got me thinking - what if we split the mono/stereo button into two separate mono buttons with each having its own pan knob underneath it on one individual channel/track? Now, I know this sounds like the "pro tools" Mono/Stereo Concept, but with the' two seperate buttons and their pan knobs, it acts as a width/widening effect too, and more control. 

It will allow you to take a mono track and pan it 20%L and 20%R (creating a Width effect on mono tracks) or Hard left and Hard right creating a stereo track. 

Concept: 

Two individual left and right Button/Knobs for Mono to Stereo and two pan Knobs to isolate the channels in each field. 

😕Don't know if I am painting this idea fluently right now. It's in my head though. 😐

Let's brainstorm. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

15 minutes ago, scook said:

Add Pro Tools-Style Dual Panpots to SONAR

It was removed from Anderton's book on CbB because Channel Tools was not included with CbB

As of 2020.08 Channel Tools is included so the method described in the link works for CbB users without SONAR.

@scook Cool - Yeah, I know. Trying to eliminate the use of plugs for that. I think it is something that shouldn't be done with effect plugins rather through the channel itself. 

Flip! Does my idea still cut through as the Pro Tools concept? 😧

• scook locked this topic