snap to grid by ticks HOW???

bassface

hello ..further to my original question...i like to keep my tool bar small and minimal,so to get to the extra snap grid settings mean periodically enlarging the whole thing.

is there another way of accessing the whole snapgrid module , so i dont have to that.

thanks

The Medium size will allow access, maybe you could make something else smaller to compensate.

However, you can also have an alternate snap value. Normally snap uses the global snap setting. But if you hold down N while specifying a different snap setting, in your case 1 sample or whatever, then if you HOLD the N key while dragging data, the clip or note will snap to the alternate setting. It's important to hold the N key; pressing it momentarily turns snap on and off. 

Another option is to toggle between the two settings by typing Ctrl+Shift+N. This lets you use two different snap settings even with the snap module set to its smallest size.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

5 hours ago, Craig Anderton said:

if you hold down N while specifying a different snap setting

Personally I have my snap module normal size ATT, but I use this idea ^^^ as well. 

is there another way of accessing the whole snapgrid module , so i dont have to that.

You can also have control bar modules in a collapsed state. Read Here.

My advise would be to remove a few modules you don't use much (ACT Module, Screensets Module, exc)

You can get to the snap values in all but small size, even collapsed (hover cursor over the module). You can also get to some (but not all) by right-clicking the toggle button. If Ticks is your secondary goto then set it up as your alternate value like Craig suggested.