All Tracks Panning to the Right

Since the last BandLab update, I've got a problem that's driving me crazy. For no reason at all, I'll be listening to a mix, when suddenly, all 12 tracks pan hard right. Even the Master Mix controller. Usually, double-clicking the pan knobs bring them all back to center, but this is most annoying. And, it will do again, and again, and again.

What in the world could be causing this? It happens to every mix I have, and each mix was created from its own template.

Doesn't matter if its an audio, MIDI, or instrument track, they all pan hard left.

Do they change panning positions at the same moment in the timeline?  Could there be some pan automation written?  Try playing back with the Read Automation button disengaged in the Control Panel to see if it's automation that is causing it.  Do you use a midi controller? 

On 8/26/2020 at 3:58 PM, Terry J DeLaney said:

Doesn't matter if its an audio, MIDI, or instrument track, they all pan hard left.

Terry, that happened to me some time ago, and I reported it on this forum. It seems that I received a response that worked. i'll search forum and see if I can find it.

Terry, found it! In my case, there was something that went off the rails in the MIDI portion of my files. I ended up having to delete the MIDI files: I could not figure out how to make them work. I ended up just playing the parts I wanted via my hw keyboard synth in order to save the project.  I know the title is "unwanted muted tracks," but part of the issue was the pan pots were all auto-lefting. Deleting the midi trax and leaving the audio files intact fixed the issue.

Not had this happen again, so for me, it was isolated to this one song/project.

For some reason, I'm getting no email notifications...

Anyways, the hard pans are inconsistent. Sometimes they'll all pan at measure 13; other times, measure 41. It's never the same.

The other weird thing is, when I look at the screen, all of the pan knobs are vibrating at the hard left/right position. Double-clicking does nothing. Clicking holding doesn't work. They all stay panned.

Next time I open up a session, the song is fine. All the tracks are hard-panned right. Double-click all of the pans to center and the thing works. Eventually though, the pan issue snaps back.

@kevro2000: All of the tracks are MIDI tracks, so I'm in trouble. 

36 minutes ago, Terry J DeLaney said:

All of the tracks are MIDI tracks, so I'm in trouble. 

This suggestion could be tedious, but maybe worth a shot.

Open another good midi project, and compare its MIDI data stream... its event viewer list, I forget what its called. I'm not on the machine that houses my projects and CWbB: its a screen that lists events with note names and timecode: compare the good with the project giving you fits: maybe you can discern what may be happening.

Remember, I'm not a real CWbB expert, but I do play one in the forums occasionally.  🤣

• 2 weeks later...

No, it's not a scroll wheel problem. I'll check the Event Viewer for any anomalies,

I laid in a pan envelope with a few nodes. All of a sudden, all pans flipped hard right. The audio will not follow the envelopes when this happens. I can draw a hard left pan envelope, and it will remain hard right. If I close the project and re-open it, everything is normal. PITA!

EDIT: I failed to mention that this happens to ALL tracks--MIDI, Audio, and Instrument. The Master Buss pans, also.

EDIT: I think I may have found the culprit. When I turned off the MIDI controller (Roland A500 Pro), I was able to double-click the pans to center.  Before, they stubbornly stayed frozen to the hard left or hard right. It was probably a new kitten we brought home, who likes to walk up and down the MIDI keyboard, stepping on various buttons and such.

Edited by Terry J DeLaney
  • Like 1