Amplitube panning problem in Cakewalk

SebFri

Hi,

I've tried several ways, but I cannot manage to pan tracks which use Amplitube (4.9.1) to any side. I always get a centered mono signal in the end. It doesn't matter if Amplitube is set to Mono or Stereo.

These are the ways I tried:

1.  Getting Amplitube via Send from a bus, panning the Send-Pan and the Pan to the same side, then sending it to the Master

2. Using Amplitube directly as effect on the track, panning it and sending it to the Master bus

3. Using Amplitube directly as effect on the track, panning it and sending it to a Bus, panning it here again, and then  sending it to the Master bus

4. Panning the unprocessed signal, sending it to a bus with Amplitube as effect, then sending it to the Master bus

Even when the initial track's volume meter shows only the panned side, on the following bus I get a centered signal

So I've got no chance to pan 2 guitars hard left/right. That's pretty frustrating.

With other effects like the TH3 at least #4 works.

I'm using Cakewalk 2020.05 with a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen.

Do you have any solution ideas?

Best regards!

Sebastian

I'd love to help, but this is really weird. All I can say is that I am using Amplitube 4 all the time and have had no panning problems. I am using version 4.10.0, the latest. I use a stereo track for my guitars and send the left input of my Scarlett 2i4 to it. Here is how my track looks like for my lead guitar of my current project. Panning this track works as expected. I even tried removing all the other effects after Amplitube, just in case, and panning still worked.

One thing you could try is the new Cakewalk Channel Tools plugin. Well its not new but it was re-introduced recently. You might get better results and in any case it is a better panning tool than the pan button. Just put that as the last plugin in your chain and use that for panning.

image.thumb.png.3e060fe5f8026c9919c58d486810bb4e.png