Question about undisclosed affiliate links (not a deal)

trager

I think this is funny.  I remember recently doing the same thing with hovering over a link and noticing that it appeared to be an affiliate link.  The only problem I had with it was there wasn't enough pertinent information for me to want to click on it.  In this case I don't want to say "the more the merrier" but by golly I personally can't get enough great deals. 

I'm not the one running the site, but it seems to me the occasional affiliate link on a deal seems like no problem.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Anyway, soon enough  it will become clear what I was up to, and you will all understand it wasn't about making money as a clandestine affiliate marketer.

I thought you were trying to sell Frog items by your Avatar 😆

Keep posting RR. This whole world is just gotten to sensitive.

I just wanted to make sure you all finally are informed that I'm affiliated with IK Multimedia and that IK will benefit if you buy anything from my links :)

OK, I hope some lighthearted posting would put folks at ease a bit.  But to be serious, Reid is a great asset to this forum and I'm glad things seem to have been cleared up.  My $0.02 (not a commission, I unfortunately do not get commissions) is that it probably would have been a bit nicer if OP had asked the mods directly and privately what the policy was with regard to affiliate links and regardless perhaps not calling someone out directly.  That all seems to be the crux of any "issue" in this thread from what I can see.

I believe other forums do have policies forbidding affiliate links, but this is not other forums and I hope the pretty free, open, community-driven policies stay in place.  I do like seeing some improvements, though, since I don't think I've triple-posted or have had a post auto-deleted for reasons I can't figure out so there's definitely ongoing improvement on top of things like Larry mentions about how the community itself is very warm, open, and I feel improves in great ways every day.  Just the fact that this isn't already a 50-page mess like it might be elsewhere is a sure sign of quality community interaction.

Though there was that one jokester cracking a stupid joke at the top of his post... Wait, that was me, right up there.  Oops!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Though there was that one jokester cracking a stupid joke at the top of his post... Wait, that was me, right up there.  Oops!

I think it is the name "Pete"    Posters with that name seems to stir up trouble  😏   :D

• Haha 1

I think there is some over-reacting going on here. No one said anybody did anything wrong. Just chill. Post whatever links you want. Or don't post. If you don't want to click on a link, dont!! Simples!

Now that guy that keeps cracking the un-funny jokes... we will deal with him later!! : )

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grem said:

I think there is some over-reacting going on here. No one said anybody did anything wrong. Just chill. Post whatever links you want. Or don't post. If you don't want to click on a link, dont!! Simples!

Now that guy that keeps cracking the un-funny jokes... we will deal with him later!! : )

I feel like I'm dealt with quite well around here, you beat me with your wallets - both when you open them and when you decide to keep them closed and why.  That's in all sincerity that I say that, and the community vibe here is much appreciated.

• Like 5