UVI World Suite 2

cclarry

4 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

That's all I see too.  Seems likely it's a problem. 

The By Type/Keys/German Accordion WS2/German Accordion Full and German Accordion Piccolo both produce a ton of missing .wav file errors (but the versions under By Region/Occidental don't).  I think UVI needs to update this.  And that means another full download.  Joy.

I wanted to check on my side and also saw these samples missing.  I clicked on find samples and it killed ableton live.  So don’t try this experiment during a session :)

29 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Sounds like I should wait to get this.   😮  Has anybody contacted support yet? 

I have opened support tickets with UVI support for both issues.... 

Note: These issues do not prevent the actual using of the sounds....  World Suite 2 has different ways of loading the same instruments that are affected.  For those instruments affected, one method of access works, the other does not.  

39 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

None of these issues are really that big a deal, certainly not worth holding off on getting this.  UVI has always been good about updating their libraries, unlike a lot of developers.

I didn't perform the last update of World Suite from July I believe it was. I just picked up WS2. Should I bother with updating World Suite 1? Can I uninstall World Suite 1 to save on SSD space?

13 minutes ago, Pluto Gabo said:

I didn't perform the last update of World Suite from July I believe it was. I just picked up WS2. Should I bother with updating World Suite 1? Can I uninstall World Suite 1 to save on SSD space?

Personally, I would not bother updating WS1

WS2 contains all of the content that WS1 does, so you should safely be able to remove WS1.  Before you do, however, you would want to make sure you transfer your WS1 projects to WS2.  So you would probably allow for, at least temporarily, having both on your content drive simultaneously.

The exact size of the WS2 UFS file is 39,150,241,262 bytes  (36.4 GB)

• Thanks 1

Sadly there isn't any compatibility with old projects using WS1 and WS2.  So you have to manually setup WS2 with the same settings as WS1.  Once you have converted all your projects you could get rid of WS1. 

I'm just going to keep it because it's not worth the headache of finding some old project that won't open right without it.  I still have Kontakt 2 projects that I'd really love to know what the patches/settings were but it's not worth getting that old a version of Kontakt installed and authorized.  At least with UVI the VST plugin part is fine and will read the older data file, you just have to keep the data file (and the iLok authorization)

• Thanks 1

On 8/29/2020 at 1:33 PM, Matthew Sorrels said:

Sadly there isn't any compatibility with old projects using WS1 and WS2.  So you have to manually setup WS2 with the same settings as WS1.  Once you have converted all your projects you could get rid of WS1.

What happens if you do the following:

· Open a project that uses SW1. 
· Open up the UVI Workstation GUI and save it out as a Multi. 
· Then open the resultant *.uviws file with a standard text editor.   - The multi file is a simply a standard XML file, just named as a *.uviws file
· Search for all occurrences of "World Suite.ufs"and replace them with "World Suite 2.ufs" and save.

Then double click on the freshly edited *.uviws (This should open the multi file in UVI Workstation)

After following these these steps Do all of your sounds that were previously opened from the SW1 now open from the SW2 location?

1 hour ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

UVI has updated World Suite 2 (yes it requires a full re-download):

------
- [FIX] "German Accordion WS2" in "By Type" folder

They really need to figure out a way to update minor stuff without a full redownload. Seems it would be expensive for them have to host all the downloads for a 20MB change.  

• Like 1