Feature Request: Add FX Bypass to Cakewalk SDK

norfolkmastering

Hi

Like a lot of other folks, I am using the excellent AZ Controller plug-in to create a custom controller interface for Cakewalk.

Could I ask Mark McLeod if he would be willing to add the track/buss FX 'Bypass Rack' pushbutton/function to the Cakewalk SDK please.  It would be really useful to be able to control this function from an external hardware controller.

Alexey is happy to add this function to the AZ Controller once he has access to it via the SDK.

It would be great to hear back about this from Mark if he could respond please.

Many thanks

Robert

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, azslow3 said:

I have checked with X2 only, it can be something was changed since then... but MIX_PARAM_FX needs parameter number, which is index of particular FX. So it works with one FX, not FX bin.

It's actually used in two ways - the way described, but also you call it in (for example) the same way as you would set the mute for a track it should toggle the FX bypass.

4 hours ago, fossile said:

in the docs, it looks like the parameter index number is based on MAKELONG which creates the index # based on 2 factors... 

it is mentioned for MIX_PARAM_FX_PARAM, to specify FX and parameter (in dwParamNum). MIX_PARAM_FX does not mention MAKELONG, just "fx#". So the question is what it should be to work with the whole rack instead of particular FX.

i was looking in the .idl file:

MIX_PARAM_FX, // fx# fVal: 0/1 = enable state
MIX_PARAM_FX_COUNT, // - int 0-65535 GetParam returns number of effects on this strip
MIX_PARAM_FX_PARAM_COUNT, // f/x # int 0-65535 number of parameters for f/x #
MIX_PARAM_FX_PARAM, // (FX,param) float 0/1 dwParamNum=MAKELONG(fx#,param#)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2020 at 5:45 PM, msmcleod said:

It's actually used in two ways - the way described, but also you call it in (for example) the same way as you would set the mute for a track it should toggle the FX bypass.

Hi Mark

Alexey has been able to implement AZ Controller for individual FX bypass within a track however he cannot implement remote control of the track 'Bypass Rack' pushbutton without a hook within the Cakewalk Control Surface API. 

So I am asking if a hook for "FX bin enable" can be provided in the Cakewalk API please.

Regards

Robert

On 9/9/2020 at 9:07 PM, azslow3 said:

With which parameter value it works with "rack bypass"?  zero and positive numbers work with particular FXes, -1 produce an error

The next CbB release will accept -1 ( e.g. 65535 for the FX #) to denote the track FX bin itself.

• Like 3