XLN Sale

cclarry

19 minutes ago, antler said:

Programming by mouse - finger drumming is on my to-learn list.

Maybe the simple truth is that I'm 'hitting' the main drums too hard in relation to the cymbals: I'm not a real drummer, so don't know the 'velocities' that they would play at.

possibly - but the beauty of virtual drums is that you (we !) can cheat :)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, simon said:

don't agree 100% :)

lots of EZD packs are 16bit unlike the SD3 24bit - and the SD3 specific kits are better quality (the orchestral percussion / hansa etc) so SD3 is still the better choice and you can still load EZD packs but not the other way round.  Also the SD3 packs come with lots of processed presets just like EZD ...and you can load EZD presets too so nothing to lose going SD3

🕊️

Interesting. I own a lot of EZD packs but never thought to look at their bit rate. Maybe that's why 9 times out of 10 I prefer the sound of my AD2 drum kits. EZD2 has an some awesome composing tools though so sometimes I'll use it for laying down drum lines and then transfer it all to AD2.

17 hours ago, cclarry said:

Up to 40% off XLN Audio, including Addictive Drums 2, Addictive Trigger, and Addictive Keys Trio Bundle for $89.97 each:

Extra discount with code GROUP at JRR
https://www.jrrshop.com/xln-audio?dir=asc&order=name

Just deviating from the drum talk to say the the Addictive Keys upright piano is excellent, especially at that price (though I got it free with a Focusrite interface which was even better!)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, antler said:

As we've mentioned other drum software, does anyone find that the ride in SD3 (that by default is only captured by the overhead mic) is very quiet? I know you can modify the mics and assign a dedicated ride mic, but it seems a little strange to me to have this as a default setup. Disclaimer: I've never mic'ed up a real drumset so if this is how you might typically do the mics, I'm happy to stand corrected.

I think you can change the volume of the ride independently from the kit view, but there’s no dedicated mic for it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Joakim said:

I think you can change the volume of the ride independently from the kit view, but there’s no dedicated mic for it.

yes - you can change more or less everything (including volume) from the kit view